Add More Triggers for Wyze Rules

It would be great to be able to use the siren and floodlight as a trigger. It would be useful in syncing all sirens to go off at once. It would also be useful to be able to set it up with other rules.

These changes were implemented in the lastest update and seem to work well. Thank you to Wyze support.

thank you,
Brent

1 Like

We need rules to turn on and off the spotlight.

1 Like

Yes!!!

Wyze Lock Keypad shortcuts

Would it be possible to create a shortcut that mutes my camera notifications whenever certain passcodes are used to unlock my wyze lock?

PLEASE SEARCH Wishlist and #roadmap and read the How to Use the Wishlist BEFORE POSTING. If your submission is approved, don’t forget to VOTE for it.

[Mod Edit] Merged with an existing wishlist topic. Give it a vote to help it along!

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: HMS - Would like to tie rules / shortcuts / notifications to the Home/Away/Disarm modes

3D Printer…send notification when motion stops

Many people use these for 3d printing. It would be nice if it would send a notification when printing is complete (when all motion stops). Even better if it could detect printing errors, such as a jumbled mess of filament and possibly shut off the power through the app

[Mod Note]: Your request was merged to this topic for consistency in grouping similar requests. You may also wish to comment on and/or vote for “Rule Trigger On Camera “Has Been Clear For” / No Motion Detected For”. Remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button.

Requested Device Triggers:

• Wyze Cam Motion/Person no longer detected
  • Wyze Cam Motion clear (not detected) for X minutes
2 Likes

I’ve been wanting those device triggers for the cameras for a long time too! Great suggestions.

1 Like

Rule Set based on if security system is set to Away, Home, or Disarmed

I’m honestly surprised this doesn’t exist already, but there really should be a rule set based on the setting of the security system (Away, Home, Disarmed). For instance, don’t want your cameras on when you’re home? Create Rule set turns off all camera devices when set to “home” or “disarmed.” Want to have all your smart lights turned off when you leave? Make a rule for “when system is set to Away” “turn off X.” You can do this as well for turning on certain lights you want on when you are away & off the lights or devices you don’t want on when you are away. Pair with Wyze plugs you couldn’t instantly unplug outlets in your bathroom & kitchen whenever you are away simply by setting your system to away. So no more worried about “did I leave my hair straightener plugged in.” Set a robot vacuum to operate when you are away. Cameras turn on or off based on security setting. The possibilities are endless. PLEASE make this a rule set! It’d be so easy to create & you could have it release by your next update. Looking forward to more customization soon! Thanks

[Mod edit]. Merged with an existing wishlist item. Give it a vote to help it along!

1 Like

Front door being locked by Keypad Triggers

When leaving I always lock my door using the keypad. I would like this to trigger the lights off, cams on , robot vac to start and set thermostat temp.

wish there was a way to trigger lights in an alarm event.

Id like to have the capability to have some of the wyze lights triggered when my alarm goes off. I can link them to individual sensors. But if I link them to the “front door” sensor, itll turn the lights on every time the door is open, not just when the alarm is armed…Thanks

[Mod Edit] Merged with an existing wishlist topic that is requesting more triggers to be created for rules. There are numerous requests for HMS related triggers within the other thread. Give it a vote to help it along!

1 Like

Simple Rule, or Method, to detect/query Entry Sensor status.

Need cam state change (on/off) trigger

I would like to know when my cameras for some reason get switched to “off”, not offline. There is no current rule option in the app or IFTTT. This would allow me to take action to either automate turning the camera on and/or investigate why it is showing as “off”.

I want a camera to trigger motion from sunset to sunrise. I set that in rules. It triggers a plug with light to turn on. I would like a timer that if no motion is detected for a few minutes, turn light plug off and keep monitoring for motion.

A trigger when the new Garage Door Camera controller detects the garage door opening/closing.

For a while now, I’ve had a V1 Wyze sensor attached to my garage door, and it served as a trigger to turn on (5) Wyze bulbs in my garage when the door opened. But the sensor has since died. I opted to get this new cam/controller instead of going the route of getting the Wyze Sense unit and an Entry sensor, only to learn there is no trigger I can leverage for the lights! ugh!

Interestingly enough, there is a notification that comes through, when the door is opened/closed - it’s just not in the form of a trigger that can be used…

5 Likes

Yes! I had a v1 sensor on my garage door to do triggers (turning on lights) and was very disappointed when I found the garage controller couldn’t replicate a simple open/close device trigger.

2 Likes

The Garage Door Controller needs a rule to allow closing the door X minutes after it has been left open.

The rule to “close at sunset” is great as a stop-gap rule, however we want it to close 10/20/30/X minutes (user-selectable) after having been left open. This will increase security, and reduce temperature impact on the garage and room above it.

3 Likes

add rule ‘send notification after x hrs no person detection at specific location - such as hallway path’

I wish to be alerted if a senior living-alone family member’s Cam3 camera didn’t have any person detection in the hall way that he/she must passes each day, after x number of hours - Let’s say 24hrs’.

This usually indicates the person has been immobilized likely due to unknown health challenges. It will be a relief for distant family members to be alerted in such a situation.

I don’t wish to use the camera to detect motion / person whenever I wish. It will be too intrusive to the senior person’s privacy. An opposite rule would greatly help to maintain privacy, but also reach out for help timely.

The door sensor can alert if left open (or closed) for a certain amount of time. Perhaps create a rule if bedroom door left open for 24 hours. And another rule for closed for 24 hours. Wyze also sells a motion sensor that provides more privacy than a camera. But it does not yet have the ability to report no motion for x hours.

Allow room sensors to automate devices plugged into smart plugs like window ac’s

This I would think would be a must have and should be relatively easy to do. It would appeal to a lot of people who try to save money by automating their HVAC equipment as much as they can.

1 Like