Add more Alexa Actions

Floodlight feature request

• Ability to turn on/off & control intensity of lights via Alexa command
  • Ability to control via Alexa routines
  • Ability to turn on/off only one light
10 Likes

Wyze socket and floodlight integration with Alexa and Google

I couldn’t find the feature request elsewhere. It would be fantastic if Wyze made both the floodlight and the grouped/individual Wyze sockets controllable via Alexa and Google. I would love it if I could have Alexa turn off the external lights when I determine they are no longer needed. For instance I use the socket and flood light to light up the backyard whenever the dogs are outside. It would be nice if I could have Alexa turn them off so they don’t have to wait for a timer after motion has stopped. It would especially nice if I could easily disable the lights when the pets are all inside if not using the lights for security lighting.

[Mod Note]: Your request was merged to this Alexa Actions topic for consistency in grouping similar requests. Remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button. You may also wish to similarly state your use case for Google integration in these existing topics: Spotlight and Lamp Socket

5 Likes

Please add Alexa smart assistant control of the floodlights. To me, this product is a camera AND light product. In fact, I use the light more than the camera and need an easy, hands free way to turn the light on until I turn of off with my voice.

8 Likes

Flood light integration with alexa

It would be nice if you could have Alexa turn it on and off like most WiFi flood lights

9 Likes

Control Floodlight with Alexa

How about turning the Floodlight on and off with Alexa?

11 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Add more Alexa Triggers

Floodlight Cam - allow separate Alexa control of the Floodlight vs Cams

1. Would like to be able to have Alexa turn the floodlight on/off without affecting the status of the attached camera(s).

2. Also would like to be able to put the floodlight into a lighting grouping independently of the camera(s).

[Mod Note]: Your request was merged to this topic for consistency in grouping similar requests. You may also wish to comment on and/or vote for “Ability to customize groups - Group multiple product (Device) types together” to cover your 2nd request. Remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button.

8 Likes

Make lamp socket discoverable in Alexa

I bought this lamp socket to power my backyard cam and also to have a smart socket for my backyard light. Lamp socket is not discoverable by the Alexa app which kind of ruined the whole idea. Also, when I click on the light bulb above the video for the v3 to turn on the backyard light, it shuts off as soon as I close the app. Would like to see this socket updated.

3 Likes

I would love to be able to control the floodlights with Alexa independent of the v3 they’re attached to - I have other smart lights in my yard and being able to use the floodlight as another light in the device group would be awesome.

6 Likes

#Wyze-Climate-Sensor

Would like to be able to ask Alexa what the Temperature/Humidity reading is on a climate sensor

For Example

Alexa, What is the temperature for the Garage Climate Sensor?
Alexa, What is the humidity for the Garage Climate Sensor?

9 Likes

Bump +1 on this wishlist. I can’t believe this only has 36 votes! Really? Is Alexa dead? Am I living in the past? What’s the new trending smart home automation voice assistant all the hip kids are using nowadays?

Honestly, every Wyze device should be able to be read and controlled by Alexa. INCLUDING THE SENSE HUB!

4 Likes

#WyzeThermostat

Right now, when I tell Alexa “I’m leaving”, the only option I have for a Thermostat action is to set one specific temp. I can’t change the ‘state’ to Away so that it reacts to the Away range I already programmed onto the T-stat.

More integrations please!

1 Like

I would really like to be able to see the Temp sensors attached to my sensor hub in the Alexa app/skill. I would like to be able to ask Alexa and get the current value, something like “Alexa - ask Wyze for temperature in basement” and have it reply with the current reading.

4 Likes

Alexa control of floodlight independent of cam would be great!
Make floodlight a device independent of cam.

6 Likes

Would like to see scan cams. Show each cam that’s on for 30s then switch to the next. If Alexa would just allow multiple custom actions in a routine I could set it up there but I guess either the wyze skill or Alexa app must be updated to do this simple task.

1 Like

No voice command for the lightbulb (I need Alexa) is a deal breaker for me. Even a mechanical switch on the socket would work in my situation. There are non-Wyze versions available with a mechanical switch for the lightbulb, and that likely is what I’ll go with.

2 Likes

I’d like to add “arm stay” and “arm away” options on the Wyze Hub too.
probably a “Disarm with code xxxx” as well.

1 Like

So in order to use Alexa to turn on my front porch light with the lamp socket , I have use a Wyze bulb?

Apply Sun Match Mode from Voice Assistant

Use case: Sometimes at night will set bulb color to red (for a dimmer night light) by saying “set bulb to red” however the only way to set the bulb color back to sun match the following day is to go into the Wyze app and re-toggle sun match.

Would like to say something like “set bulb to sun match” and have it apply that setting.

1 Like

I don’t happen to have a Wyze color bulb unfortunately, but on my wiz bulbs, I just say, “Alexa Front Desk daylight”
Mentioning in case it’s just phrasing.