Add more Alexa Actions

With the amount of products being released growing and the requests for more Alexa interactions increasing, we have consolidated them here.

This list is for Alexa actions (Wyze things that Alexa can make happen). For Alexa Triggers, see this related topic: Add more Alexa Triggers.

Please click VOTE at the top to indicate your desire for more Alexa Actions. You can reply to this topic with thoughts on which of these are most important to you, We understand that having these requests consolidated in a single #wishlist topic means that you can’t vote on them individually. That is why commenting about your favorites, use cases, and personal significance is important. Wyze will consider those comments in prioritizing implementation.

Existing Actions:

• Bulb
    • Power On/Off
    • Brightness 0-100
      • Ramp Brightness HH:MM (using this disables color temp)
    • Color Temp Warm/Soft/White/Daylight/Cool (5 discreet options)
  • Plug On/Off
  • WYZE Lock Lock/Unlock (Unlock requires code to be entered also)

Requested Actions:

• Turn cams on/off

If more (reasonable) suggestions are made in the comments, they will be added to the above list.

Verbal Alexa announcement when a WYZE cam senses motion.

3 Likes

I would like to be able to do the following.

1st - If enabled I want show automatically a triggered camera on echo show when motion is detected.

2nd If my fire tv or firestick is on then show the camera on screen.

3rd echo dot - notify me of the event “like camera 1 alert” and say there is a camera with two way auto - let me respond. Like a camera at front gate. I might be in a location where I only have a echo dot.

Also, if I wanted to check on all camera’s like to see them all at once on my fire tv or fire stick with voice command. I can show them with the Tinycam app already.

1 Like

Verbal notifications of motion or person would be nice for home security at night because the chances of hearing the notification on my phone while sleeping are slim to none.