Add More Actions for Wyze Rules

My cameras pick up wind motion on the pond, plants moving with the breeze and evening/night insects even headlights from cars turning the corner activate the cameras. In my case it would waste a lot of water

Sprinkler zone on/off for x amount of time activated by motion detection on a camera. Bundle the sprinkler controller with a V3 and you got a hot selling item putting the standalone cheap motion activated yard sprinklers out of business. Please I need to keep that cat from using my yard as a litter box.

1 Like

I wish I could adjust the sensitivity of the motion detector automatically based off the time of the day. In the afternoon, when the sun is below the tree line between 1:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. The shadows set off my alarm continuously.

2 Likes

Yes! there are many instances where I get excessive notifications/events due to the time(s) of day! Aside from shadows in the morning/evenings, I have lights running on schedules, that end up causing ā€œmotionā€ events on nearby cameras, and many other similar time-based scenarios where Iā€™d like to adjust either the detection sensitivity, or the detection zone, or other settings.

1 Like

+1 for activate Sun Match mode!
I often change my lights to fun (or extra warm) colors at night, but I want it to be on Sun Match mode when I use my lights again the next day. I hate that I have to manually turn Sun Match back in after every time I change the colorz

1 Like

Add action for Wyze bulb white [or all bulbs] when triggered to set timer

Would wish an option should be added by actions when Wyze bulb white is triggered from an other device thru a rule

Want to be able to set a rule when Wyze cam detects motion it should turn on bulb white for a few minutes, this would be easily done if there would be an option to trigger the timer to turn off the lights in lets say 5-10 minutes

Example: I create a rule: When Cam4 detects motion.
Action 1: turn on bulb white
Action 2: set timer to turn bulb white off in 10 minutes
So this way whenever thereā€™s motion in that area the bulb will turn on for a few minutes to shine the way.

Hope this should be added soon.
Thank you!

I can create a rule for light on when a motion detected by a camera.
However, can it be automatically turned off after 20 seconds or sometime?

2 Likes

Sadly not

Until Wyze implements the following change, noted in the 1st post under ā€œRequested Rule Actionsā€

• Change Bulb brightness/color temp/color/on/off for X minutes then return to previous state

you can create a 2nd rule/trigger to automatically turn off your Wyze smart bulb:

What I had to do to work around the shortage of that concept is create a few rules for my front light.
The first one is to turn it on from a time after sunset, another rule to turn it off at like 11pm.
Then I created a trigger rule with the camera that turns the light on if motion is detected between 11 and 6am. Then a fourth rule to turn the light off if it has been on for more than x minutes between the same hours.

Iā€™d note that 20 seconds is a very short time for a triggered light and it could go off since the original motion on the camera is the trigger. There is no mating to continuous motion either.

Iā€™d also note that my trigger is motion, not ā€œperson detectedā€ as I found that the AI detection is not as good in the dark.

This has been a frequent request that has existed for a while. It really makes a lot of sense, basically working like a security light.

Bummer, isnā€™t this a reasonable action for a wall plug/light?

Thatā€™s a wonderful idea
However it will interrupt with any schedules youā€™ve made.

Lets say I want the light to turn on for 5 minutes every time thereā€™s motion and also want it to be on every day 5:00 Am till 5:45 Am this wonā€™t workā€¦

I didnā€™t see the ā€œIfā€ in the app

I will try it
Thanks

You want your light to turn on for 5 minutes upon motion during the day?

During night, But shouldnā€™t interrupt schedules

If your schedule has the light on at night, what does motion-detected enabling of light do?

The thing is like this i want to create a schedule for regular using hours [only 30 minutes-hour a night] but it should also turn on for 5 minutes every time motion is detected during the night, this way i cover all types of different changes in schedule

When creating the trigger to turn light off when on for X time, simply add a time constraint that is outside of your regular schedule so the two donā€™t conflict. Time constraint is located at bottom of Trigger ('if Time").

1 Like