Add More Actions for Wyze Rules

Send Wyze Cam Pan to a specific Waypoint as an action

It would be great if there was an action to point the Wyze cam to a specific waypoint on a trigger. Example: when the door sensor opens the camera will swing around to look at the door.

[Mod Note]: This is a merged #wishlist submission. The “Pan Cam: move to a specific camera memorized position or waypoint” action listed in the 1st post would allow this to be accomplished. Remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button.

2 Likes

We have drive way alarms & I would like for my interior camera to ‘hear’ the alarm tone , then, activate the driveway cameras, before their motions sensor see the action. Reason being WYZW will notify my cell phone sooner

1 Like

Temp change color of bulb and revert back after detecting person, animal, etc.

I would like to be able to set a rules to flash by bulb color if it sees a person a certain color by camera. So if camera 1 sees a person to change the color of blub A for x seconds or to be able to flash that bulb a certain color and then back then go back to the previous state. It would be nice to be able to have a blub turn red momentarily if it detects a person, dog, etc and then go back to it’s previous color so I was aware someone was near my property. I don’t necessarily need to to stay that color though.

[Mod Note]: This is a merged #wishlist submission. The “Change Bulb brightness/color temp/color/on/off for X minutes then return to previous state” action listed in the 1st post would allow this to be accomplished. Remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button.

1 Like

I have managed to do just this by using Alexa routines. Only issue is Alexa only uses person tracking but it appears to work on pets too, just not separate it out. So when motion is detected and I have Wyze set to person/pet tracking, Alexa sees it all as person and bulbs kick to a color for 1-60 minutes as set, then back to whatever state you want. Current issues is Alexa doesn’t see or know the pet/vehicle/person/package tags and sees all 4 as person and doing it with Alexa gives you a few seconds of delay which isn’t bad but in the case of home invasion or such is vital time needed to prepare.

1 Like

I’ll add my vote for:

1. Turn device indicator light on/off. It would be nice to be able to add this action in with my “Sleep Mode” schedule.

2. SD Recording on/off. I just put SDs in 2 of my cameras this week and was disappointed to find it didn’t behave as I expected. I thought setting it to “Events Only” would mean a motion detection would record to SD as well as going to the cloud. Turns out, SD is always recording motion detection, regardless of what your camera itself is set for. Since I have to turn SD recording off completely while we’re here to keep it from recording our every move, it’d be much more convenient to be able to schedule it automatically.

Please add time control feature to control how long you can turn on the wyze Outdoor plug then automatically turn off.

Use case: If the camera detects a person. Turn on the Outdoor plug for like 5, 10, 30, 60 mns…

[Mod Note]: This is a merged #wishlist submission. The “Pause (wait) X seconds/minutes” action listed in the 1st post would allow this to be accomplished. For example: If cam detects person > Turn oudoor plug on > Pause x minutes > Turn outdoor plug off. Remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button.

For example;
I have my Wyze outdoor plug set to activate and turn on lights I have attached to it when my Wyze driveway camera see activity between 11pm and 6am. Kinda of a security light system. It works great except that there is no way to have it turn the lights back off after a certain time. They just stay on all night long.

[Mod Note]: This is a merged #wishlist submission. The “Pause (wait) X seconds/minutes” action listed in the 1st post would allow this to be accomplished. For example: If cam detects motion > turn outdoor plug on > pause x minutes > turn outdoor plug off. Remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button.

I agree! I had some Philips Hue lights and could have Google Home activate a scene. Saying something like “Hey Google, set movie mode” was perfect. I’d love to do the same with Wyze color bulbs.

1 Like

I’ll also add another vote for “Activate the door chime”.

I’d buy a second chime and put it in my bedroom if I could have a rule for nighttime that connects the chime to an external door being opened. Separate chimes should be configurable. One chime for the doorbell but another for the door being opened. I believe there is a chime already listed that sounds like an alarm. Why someone would pick that as their doorbell I’m not sure, but it’d work well as an intruder alert.

New action suggestion:

Set (color) bulb to pre-defined scene.

The color and temperature selection controls when making rules are extremely clunky. This workaround would at least allow us to circumvent this while those get fixed.

2 Likes

List is so long, it’s difficult to find… but it’s already there:

• Activate a Bulb Scene
1 Like

My apologies — I instead strongly second the existing suggestion.

Me too… I need bulb scene in actions badly. :+1:

1 Like

Color bulb “scenes” need to be accessible via rules

The color bulbs aren’t new. Why have a feature that lets you set a color scene for multiple bulbs (like special colors for Halloween or Christmas) but you can’t use that scene in a rule for when they turn on? All you can currently do is turn them on individually at a set color/brightness but that defeats the creation of scenes. Plus you can’t test the colors you are setting in the rules and they don’t allow the use of Hex or RGB colors to make sure you get consistent colors across multiple bulbs instead of the wonky color wheel chooser. It’s frustrating after owning them this long and scenes still aren’t implemented across the rules.

8 Likes

There’s something wyze can do that would allow users to create almost any rule combination and lighting scenes that they want and that is opening up their API.

It’s a shame that nobody has thought of suggesting this feature. I’d think it’d be mentioned and voted for at least 748 times. Oh wait, it HAS been requested much more than that.

For lighting, custom scenes are important and companies that have invested in their API such as LIFX, have seen first hand that customers are willing to pay more for advanced customization options.

You’re already using an API with your app SDK I don’t think a public API would require that much of an increased investment or strain on the development team.

1 Like

I’ve been waiting for this function for years. Would save a lot of wear on SD cards and be super useful.
There are so many good suggestions, great compilation. I really hope adding more actions the the meager (frankly stagnating) list becomes a priority for Wyze soon.

1 Like

I just added color bulbs. I wanted to set a trigger from a v2 Cam that would turn on the light for a period of time during a set period of time.

I could not find a way to set it to stay on for X time as indicated above. That attribute did not present while setting up the rule.

Otherwyze :wink: could we add a time action that could be set to turn it off?

Thanks.

@Meik In your example, I believe you have to do two rules. One to trigger it on and the second to turn off after the bulb has been on for XX amount of time.

With I rule you can tell the bulbs to turn to white when one bulbs turn on based on the time of day.
I do that for my master bath. Use case I mat want SPA time scene the night before or mess around woth the colors. Simply turn off and back on with the switch (hard wired or any trigger) will make them all bright white all 100% brightness.

1. I have the cam ‘PAN’'…Surely there should be an ‘action’ to PAN! :smile: When I come home, I would like my ‘off’ rule to be able to full pan (park) left or right. This is paranoia feature. My guests always say ‘…yeah. light is off, but is it really off?..’. If you can, a PAN action that pans a % would work. I also like the idea of a full ‘park’ - left or right.
  2. You definitely need a PAUSE command for use between actions within a rule. Some actions can step on others. For example: Reposition then Motion On, will generate a motion detection 100% of the time. I would be nice to be able to pause after reposition.

Thanks!