Add More Actions for Wyze Rules

I just received my Wyze Home Monitoring. I’d love to see an action “Play Chime from Hub” so I can have a chime when any of my door sensors open.

2 Likes

I had Feit color bulbs I purchased from Costco and easily managed scenes with Google Home; I could say “Seahawks lights” and the bulbs change to blue and green, etc. I just assumed that Wyze bulbs could do the same…NOT! Scenes are not recognized by the Google Home app and I went through a series of frustrating help desk exchange with Wyze to ultimately find out that this feature is not available yet.

Another vote for a Cam Pan rule to move to a specific rotation/position! We use it as a pet cam but are uncomfortable with it facing us (even if off) while we’re at home. I’d like a shortcut to be able to both turn it off and face it away from us in a specific position.

Hello! I’d love to have a rule to be able to set the position of the Wyze Cam Pan. We use it as a pet cam, but we are uncomfortable with it facing us while we are at home.

I’d like a rule/action to be able to set a specific rotation for the camera so I can have it turn off and face away from us with a shortcut tap.

I would like to propose this new Rule/Feature for voting, per advise from Wyze customer support Please vote/support.

Event: Motion Detected on Wyze Cam V3

Trigger: Change/Increase Brightness on Wyze Bulb OR Change color on Wyze Bulb Color.

Duration: Only change/increase Brightness as long as motion is detected on Wyze Cam v3. Go back to previous brightness/color on Bulb when NO motion is detected on Wyze Cam v3.

I tried to do this with cameras, gave up and switched to using motion sensors instead which allow me to set rules using “has been clear for X minutes” and then shut the light off again. The rule works well that way.

For cameras to trigger lights they need to add a function of " motion has been clear for X minutes" function. Then we need to take the cooldown period into account for all cams that don’t have Cam Plus. We would need to be able to set the has been clear interval for more than 5 minutes to make sure it’s not shutting lights off while someone is actually still there. Even with Cam Plus we can’t just have it turn off the second it doesn’t detect motion because if you sit still for just a few seconds (watching TV, reading a book, etc) the light would shut off even though you’re actually still there in the room.

I found that for my motion sensors, “has been clear for 10 minutes” has worked pretty well to keep lights on while I’m in my office. The problem is trying to use rules with these motion sensors in a large room where a sensor doesn’t cover the whole room. If we could instead use cameras this way we could more easily automate large rooms where the camera covers everywhere.

2 Likes

It would be nice to see the Rules functionality for Wyze Color Bulbs. It would be create to be able to create rules on a “group” of color bulbs so that you dont have to select the rule for each individual bulb.

Help me keep deer out of my garden by enabling me to trigger a sprinkler zone if an animal is detected on a cam.

1 Like

I love that the Outdoor Plug has sunrise/sunset and brightness local scheduling, but I’d like more control and a way to combine them:

I’d like to be able to schedule “turn on 1h 30m before sunset and turn off 2h after sunset.”

I’d like to be able to specify the brightness sensor: “Turn on when brightness is x and turn off when brightness is y.” (Or “whatever the brightness setting is right now, use that value to turn on/off.”

My ideal use case is for outdoor decorative lights, like Christmas lights. Ideally I’d want to say: “From 2 am to 6 am, always be off. From 6 am and 2 am, whenever darkness value becomes x, turn on; and whenever brightness value becomes y, turn off.”

The idea is I want lights on during waking hours whenever it’s “dark enough”, and off when it’s “bright enough” or during sleeping hours.

I’d like to be able to set days and times for notifications - per camera - to be notified of motion events during only certain days (weekends) and times (outside business hours) -

It would be nice if the Wyze Video Doorbell could flash a Wyze Bulb or even turn on a Wyze Bulb when the doorbell is pressed. It would be great for the Deaf / Hearing Impaired or if someone rang the doorbell at night and it would help someone see when they need to go open the door. I know there is a notification in the app to alert us that someone is at the door when it is pressed, but I don’t always have my phone with me, so it would be nice to know by seeing a bulb flash. Maybe make it an option by creating a rule?

1 Like

This. It would be great for the Deaf/Hard of hearing folks if we can have a rule that will flash a Wyze bulb when the Wyze doorbell is pressed.

+1 play 1 or multiple “Beeping sound” or "sound file like mp3) when cam v3 detects motion or sound. (so people know there’s a camera there)

+1 on “Turn on / Trigger / flash wifi bulb at X brightness, X color, for X minutes then turn off / return to previous state”

I have wyze cam v3 + wifi color bulb installed at front porch… don’t see why I need to install the V3 spotlight to get the “spotlight” function when I could have integrated the wifi color bulb with the cam v3… and yes. I do have a spotlight kit sitting on the sofa.

1 Like

You already have “flash a Wyze Bulb for a defined period” as a Wishlist action, I would also add “cycle Wyze Plug (or Plug Outdoor) for a defined period” to the list so the same function could accomplished with general lamps connected to Plugs. This could be very useful to, for example, flash upstairs lamps when a potential intruder was detected by a downstairs or outdoor camera.

1 Like

Play a pre-uploaded audio clip out of Cam Pan speakers (e.g., “your photo has been taken and police have been called”).

Could also be nice to have some available “canned” audio clips that could used (police siren with slowly increasing volume or fake 911 call to local police reporting an intruder).

1 Like

It would be nice to have the ability to enable or disable sound event Recording on a scheduled basis (rule or shortcut).

With the rules/shortcuts you can do just about everything else, but by disabling motion and notifications this can cause nuisance events being created from sound event Recording.

There are times I want to disable all events but leave camera on, and still record to SD card. However sound event Recording is still enabled saving clips to the cloud/account.

1 Like

Allow Setting A Rule To Arm HMS (Home or Away) At A Scheduled Time.
This Would Give People Peace Of Mind That They Don’t Have To Worry If They Forget To Arm Their HMS While Sleeping. Some Other Systems Have This Feature. (My Dauguter’s ADT System Has This Feature).

The flashing of bulbs would be amazing, as I am hearing impaired I can not hear the chime very well, and the flash would get my attention better then the just turning on I have set now. Having some timing choices with the flash would be nice as well.

1 Like

+1 for * Turn on/off sound detection - so I can schedule the cam to only notify me at night if the moisture sensor alarm is going off.

1 Like

The following are priorities for me:

• Add an “all devices” option for any action
  • Tell Alexa or Google device to show camera
  • Vacation Mode on/off (Bulb and Plug)