Add More Actions for Wyze Rules

Configurable presence sensing rules for cameras similar to motion sensor rules of “Has been clear for [amount of time]” and “Has detected motion for [amount of time]”.

The WCO uses PIR motion detecting, but you can’t set rules for it like you can with the standalone PIR Motion sensor. V2’s and V3’s can detect motion, and people (with Cam Plus), and soon other things too.

Add rules that allow us to automate our home using our cameras. Let me set up a rule that says if my living room cam detects a person, turn on the light. And if the living room cam has not detected a person (or motion, or whatever) for 10 minutes, then turn off the living room light.

This feature/rule/functionality very strongly compliments your new security system and Cam Plus and would go a long way to letting us automate our houses with a Wyze ecosystem. Why not use the Cameras for this automation when a single camera can cover an entire room and use detection zones (and a standalone motion sensor cannot).

2 Likes

Allow multiple trigger conditions.

For example, if I have motion sensors covering all sides of a large room, I can set a rule to automatically turn on the light in that room if any of them sense motion…but I cannot set it so that the light only turns off if NONE of them sense motion for X amount of time. Any rules to automatically turn off the light in that room will turn it off if any of them ever don’t sense motion for a while. I might still be in that room, just in another area where it doesn’t sense me and so it shuts off the light while another flips it on, and makes me have occasional strobe lights sometimes. With multiple conditions, I can set a rule that says if Motion Sensor A AND Motion Sesnor B, AND motion sensor C don’t sense motion for 5 minutes, then turn off the light. Then the separate motion sensors covering all areas of a room won’t be conflicting with each other to continually change the light status, flipping it off and on while I’m still in the room, but another location.

That’s just an easy to understand example, but multiple condition triggers or events are useful in tons of ways.

4 Likes

Badly need this one.

1 Like

If a user were to modify a rule to alert when there is motion from 6 am-2 pm to 10 am-4 pm and the time was after 10 am while making that change the rule does not start until the next day at 10 am. Having to wait a day to have your rule initiate doesn’t make sense. I spent an hour with your support today trying to figure out why the rule I changed when I came back from vacation would not work. He suggested I make a new rule to stop all of the notifications by muting them. I then made a rule to mute from 8 am-4 pm. It didn’t work because it was after 8 am when I created it. I was told to wait until 8 am tomorrow to see if it worked. In the meantime, I was getting alerts every 3 minutes. I then changed the rule to a couple of minutes ahead of the time I was creating it and rebooted the camera. Now it’s muted, but I have to change it to 8 am before tomorrow and reboot again.

I hope this makes sense because the way the rules and timelines work does not make sense from a productivity and efficiency standpoint. It just frustrates end uses.

Please consider have the software sync changes to the cameras and check the time to see if a rule is in place after a reboot or when a change is made in the rule and saved. If a rule was changed and the time is now somewhere in the middle of the timeline the rule should still be active after a change.

1 Like

Rules only trigger at the start time and end time, they are not continuous. So if you set up a new rule to start before the time you are creating it, the start trigger won’t take effect until the next day. Rules are just a macro that acts as if you personally went into the settings and clicked “turn on motion notifications now” at 10am then come back at 4pm and click turn off. When you turn notifications on, you aren’t pressing the button every 2 seconds for the entire 6 hours to make sure it is on the whole time, you only press it once at 10am. This works the same way. It will only press it once at 10am. It’s not 10am, so it won’t press the button today.

You can manually turn on notifications just for today and the off trigger will still work, and the on trigger will work tomorrow. This is pretty standard for how macros and rules work in general.

What you are asking is an extra feature that will check what the status is at time of creation of the macro/rule. If it is between those times at the time of creation then ask the user of they want to activate the trigger now. It’s not a bad idea. Sounds like a reasonable wishlist request to add to things to add into rules here. Great idea. I’ll add a like to your request.

Come on Wyze team, this can’t be that hard to implemente. Bc I am buying too many of your devices it’s getting hard and harder to create the rules. I really need to have one for all my motion sensors.

Thanks

1 Like

I would like to have the ability to activate and deactivate multiple v3 sirens simultaneously using shortcut rules. I assume this could be done by simply adding “Turn siren on” and “Turn siren off” actions to the existing list of supported actions. My immediate use case would be adding quick access to a “Panic” shortcut button in the Wyze app, activating all v3 alarms throughout the premises to (hopefully) scare off any intruder I may have heard in the middle of the night. This could of course be carried a step further by allowing camera triggers to activate the group of alarms as well.

Have ability to change brightness and/or color for the rule AFTER the rule is created as well as with the initial creation.

Have an off delay adjustable for after a motion detector has cleared. i.e. after motion detector has cleared, 1:30 minutes later, turn off _____.

I’ve been using “has been cleared for” X amount of time on motion sensors since like April. Check your rules, it’s already been there for a long time. I use it to automatically turn off my pantry light once it’s been clear for X number of seconds later. If I trigger the sensor again before that clear time hits, it starts the timer over.

1 Like

Thank you carverofchoice. I missed that option.

1 Like

I would like to share my cam with a user (email address) according to a schedule (eg. 9am to 11am weekdays).

The use case is that you would like to give access to family or friends only during a desired time period, not all the time. And it is very inconvenient for me to share/unshare and for them to accept sharing every day.

Vote for the feature request if you agree!

Can you add aschedule in the Wyze locks for auto unlock. I’d like to be able to activate the auto unlock feature after a specific time when I know I will be entering by the specific door the lock is on

The v3 cam needs a rule “action” to enable or disable the “Detect Sound” recoding option.
I leave the live stream on and only turn on motion detection recoding when leaving and at night. Would like to do the same with sound recording.

1 Like

I was trying to create a rule and I think that, perhaps, it’s not an option…

I’d love to turn the notifications on once the interior lights are on. I’ve noticed that the IR in the camera switches on when it gets dark, so it KNOWS that the interior lights are off… or on!

So, “If the inside lights are on, start sending notifications”

All my searches so far talk about turning on the lights when motion happens… that’s not what I’m looking for (though I appreciate the forum letting me know some other answers may match my question!)

Perhaps this is a wishlist item. Thanks, anyone, for insights into this. I’m relatively new to the Wyze world.

Have a rule where notifications are based on the location of the phone using the app. When you are a certain miles away from a set location notifications would be enabled. No need for extra notifications when your home. Have this option available for recording as well to save space.

1 Like

Hello, I’d like to request the following device actions be added to Wyze’s existing “action library” used to create new rules for Wyze’s catalogue of cameras:

• Format SD Card (so I can perform batch formats on all of cameras at regularly scheduled times, which I currently have to do manually weekly)
  • Sync Time (so I can automatically and regularly batch sync all of my cameras, which I currently have to do manually weekly as well)
3 Likes

Just installed the lock and it’s working well so far. One of the features that I would find very useful would be to add a schedule to the auto-lock feature. The reason for this is that during the day when the kids are out playing it would be nice to have the door unlocked and then go to auto-lock in the evenings. I worry about handing out a door code to the kids as they will tell their friends and then I’m unsure when we leave if the house is being accessed or not. much thanks!

I seond that. Would like it only to activate in the evening which is the only time we use the front door. We usually come in through the garage during the day

If there was a universal "pause " action when creating a rule one could, for instance, Turn on a plug when an Wyze cam outdoor sensed motion and then turn it back off after 5 minutes. I can think of many more uses for a “Pause” action, especially if it was adjustable.

Can you please add scheduling for night vision for the WCO? I have lights that shine on my house at night and it interferes with the auto setting. It’s very inconvenient to manually go in and switch the setting on and off. Please add an option to turn the setting on and off based on time of day.