Add More Actions for Wyze Rules

I have my V3 scheduled to only record from sunset to sunrise.

Wyze 3 Spotlight will not automatically turn off

I have searched and not been able to find a way to set an automatic turn off the spotlight on my Wyze 3. Suggest that me incorporated into next update. It is very annoying to have to manually turn it off after each rule activations.l

No Motion - Lamp Socket Off

I have a v3 cam connected to a Wyze lamp socket on my front porch, I have created a rule that when my the cam detects motion (during night hours only) it enables the light bulb installed into the Wyze lamp socket. It works perfectly however there I have found no way to to turn it back off. After emails with support they told me to post in the wishlist forums because this is not possible which seems odd to me.

I currently see no rule action called “camera detects no motion”, or anything similar, to create the logic that would turn the light back off. Being able to turn it back off after X amount of minutes would be a plus.

1 Like

Auto close garage door after X time

I can’t program a rule to auto close the garage door after it’s been opened for, say 30 minutes. I tried to use a Device Trigger rule for Garage Camera’s Motion sensor, but the Schedule option has only a specific time, rather than “No motion for X amount of time”. Alternatively, it could be a NOT logic on the motion sensor, and Duration of X minutes.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Add More Device Triggers for Wyze Rules

A post was merged into an existing topic: Add More Device Triggers for Wyze Rules

More control over vacation mode.

1. Ability to create a group so vacation mode can be enabled across multiple devices at once.

2. Rules / triggers so vacation mode to be set automatically when HMS is set to Away.

3. Vacation mode limited to certain times of the day. I don’t need a light to come on in the middle of the the day.

Allow Rules/schedules to individual control the 16 customizable segments of the Wyze Light Strip Pro

The Wyze Light Strip Pro has 16 customizable segments, Can each of those segments be controlled by Rules in the same way if I had 16 individual Wyze Color bulbs?

Reason for asking, is, I have four color lights that I currently control via rules when certain things occur within my Wyze Eco System.

Such as Refrigerator left open: Flash two of those bulbs red (five times) followed by same two bulbs on to red at 50% until and then turned off when the Refrigerator Door is closed.

I use activity at my Wyze Video Doorbell to light one light Red.

Another activity is if a critter (raccoon, lizard, coyote etc) is detected by a V3 or WCO in the backyard… the Wyze Color light facing that side of the house… turns on to ‘green’, and then off 45 seconds later.

The four bulbs I have…. and all of the different rules I’m using, I’m thinking if I have 16 segments on a Wyze Light Strip Pro…. I could get even more ‘creative’ with my rules.

Is this possible?

SJ

RE: Wyze Strip Light Pro and Rules - #3 by nixhome2020

2 Likes

Great idea! :+1:

2 Likes

Please add a rule group action that will turn off notifications for a selected group of entry and motion sensors, for a select time—like, turn off for one hour, or until tomorrow. It would be nice not to have to select individual sensors—which would make way too many shortcuts and rules, and also not to have to make a schedule since when I want to turn off notifications for entry and motion sensors changes daily.

Thank you

Scene selection for automation rule triggers

Devices in Wyze allow for automation rules to be defined. (E.g. for the light strip pro). They also allow defining scenes to create preferred light settings, like colors etc.

Wish: the ability to use scenes for the trigger action on automation rules. Currently you can only select specific colors via the color picker.

1 Like

Night Vision Scheduling V2 and V3 Cams

Currently, the only options for night vision are Auto, On, or Off. I would like to be able to set the time for the night vision to go on and off instead of relying on Auto, or having it always on or always off. Quick and easy software addition <3

[Mod Note]: Your topic, associated replies and votes were merged to this #wishlist request for better visibility and consistency in grouping similar requests.

Can we add an option to schedule a time for night vision mode to be on/off? Sometimes night vision mode turns off too early and I can’t see very well.

9 Likes

Is there anyway to set the night vision on a schedule my camera turns on night vision before sun down and there is plenty of light going inside my room but night vision still turns on

2 Likes

Switching from Auto to OFF is not very smooth, and timely. It seems the cam remains in Auto for too long for my liking.
I would like to see an option under Schedule and Automations > Select Action to be able to turn Nightvision OFF. In other words, select a time when Nightvision is turned OFF and ON.

2 Likes

I’d like to see a new schedule device action for a cam added to the list.

I have a camera pointed out a front window and when the xmas lights are on, the camera oscillates between day and night mode if it is set to auto.

What I’d suggest is a new action where I can turn on or off night mode based on a time (or better yet, sunrise and sunset.

Either than or maybe have a way of telling the camera not to switch back and forth so fast. I have a similar problem with a camera pointed out a back window to my patio. There I have a separate IR emitter to light up the patio at night and if it is dark and I also turn on the patio lights, the camera oscillates between day and night mode so maybe there is a way to have it stay in night mode if it changes back and forth in a short period of time too much.

3 Likes

Some of us are experiencing flickering in auto night mode due to the filter constantly moving. I have to manually turn night mode off and on daily on one of my V2’s. A scheduled action to turn night mode off/on would solve this.
Thank you :+1:

3 Likes

I love the IR Night view, but after dusk, my neighboor’s porch lights across the street force the AUTO setting back into normal camera vision and NOT night vision, which results in a really poor image quality for night time. Is it possible to set the camera to NIGHT view based on time of day, rather than a sensor? Or create an area in the view that can be ignored for NIGHT vision, Otherwise, I’m very happy with the camera.

1 Like

We definitely need this. Also add to automation maybe