Add More Actions for Wyze Rules

Turn Wyze Bulb Color brightness up or down without turning on

Please add the option to turn the brightness up or down without actually turning on the Wyze Bulb Color. I have v1 bulb whites and they have that option. So for example, I want to have my lights drip down to 75% at night so everything isn’t so bright and such, but if I have a schedule that does that for bulb colors, it turns the lights on instead of just setting the brightness and leaving them off like the old v1 whites do.

YES PLEASE… wyze make this happen. mine is a bit different, I really want it to be able to go to a specific set point if a motion sensor (wyze home monitoring) is tripped. this should be so easy!

Rules to manage night vision mode on/off

The ability for the v3 to see in total darkness is well known and a selling piece for many people including me. What most people don’t realize is, during low light, the sensor is still bright enough to light up the street with the available lights without turning on night mode. The problem that most people aren’t talking about is, during low light and the aperture is big and the fps is lower which means you can only see clearly if the subject is station. The slightest movement like a moving branch or person will totally blur the image to the point that it’s hard to identify an individual. In my situation, both my 2 side neighbors always their porch lights on and so it never got dark enough for the v3 to switch to night mode. This puts my v3 in regular mode with color but all movements are pretty much a streak of lights or ghosty images of people only. The only way to get clear image is to manually switch from auto to “on” in the night vision mode. If I force it on, then during daylight the next day, it’s still in night mode while the sun is high, I’ll be watching the picture in b/w. I didn’t see any rule to turn on/off night vision mode based on time. Are there ways to work around this? I would rather give up color to get sharper video in b/w.

1 Like

RULE: If bulb is on, turn off—if off, turn on

Now that I have a few Wyze Switches installed, I’m using the advanced actions to turn on and off some other Wyze Bulbs in the same room.

Right now, I have Double Press as Turn on and Triple Press as turn off. Would be much, much more logical and easier to just have Double Press: “If bulb X is on, turn it off and if it’s off, turn it on.” Am I missing something, and if not, lets make it happen…

[Mod Note]: This is a merged #wishlist submission. The “Toggle on/off state of Wyze bulb and plug” action listed in the 1st post would allow this to be accomplished. Remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button.

Add “Turn on/off sound detection” to the list of selectable functions for rules…

[Mod Edit] Welcome to the forums! This is a merged #wishlist submission. Sound detection action is the very first request! Give it a vote to help it along.

Manual trigger for “Away” and “Home” mode (vacation mode?)

instead of having to add another app to constantly check if away. Say a week, constant location check can eat up battery. And away from home isn’t always with battery chargers. So we turn off.

The away or home mode have different sensor behavior.

When away, one can’t change batteries for instance, so, don’t warn them about it. Or allow muting.

Added a note about this

It would be nice if there were a new rule to turn on the doorbell’s white light setting from sunset till sunrise.

The existing setting says that it’s supposed to turn the light on in low-light conditions, but mine would turn on in the middle of the day all summer long. I could tell that my mailman was not impressed whenever the light would come on in his face as he put stuff through our mail slot.

If this can’t be set as a rule, it would be nice to have a slider to say at what dimness the light would turn on.

Thanks for taking this into consideration :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You can already do this. Rule > new > schedule > sunup/sunset as start/stop times.

I imagine it’s a pretty simple task to save a still image for a scheduled action, since we can already upload a short video.

Just need to take a daily picture.

Timelapse doesn’t fit the bill, as you have to wait for video to complete. It’s also broken for daily snaps, it won’t let you use daily function since limited to 30 days, you receive a minimum frame error.

[Mod Edit] Merged with an existing wishlist topic.

----- Feature request -----
Product: Vacuum Robot; Wyze App
App section: Edit Rules
Feature: Add an Action for the robot vacuum to only clean a specific room.

Use case:
Motion sensor in cat litter box triggers the robot vacuum to clean the room with the litter box after the cat has exited the litter box.

3 Likes

Change detection sensitivity at time of day

I have a wyze cam v3 looking at my driveway. At night when there’s even a slight breeze, with motion detection sensitivity set to ~50, it records all night long from the shadows of the trees. Twice a minute theres motion detection. But when I turn the detection sensitivity down to 40 it will not detect a black dog walking across that snow covered driveway on a sunny day. So at 40 it records almost nothing and at 50 records everything which is nothing.

The only solution seems to be to set the sensitivity to 40 at sundown then 50 or more during the day. It’d be wonderful to have that on an automatic timer

[Mod Edit] Merged with an existing wishlist topic. Give it a vote to help it along!

I get “complete motion” alerts at night for shadow change (subtle lighting change outside of detection zone) or a light opening/closing. During the day, I get no alerts for a person walking in. I actually never had a person detected.

I change detection sensitivity. From the lowest to higher. It feels like it doesn’t do what’s advertised

Add rule action to disable floodlight

There’s currently an option to turn on and off the floodlight on a schedule but it would be nice to have an option to completely disable it entirely. Motion detection has this feature and it should be added to the floodlight as well. Thanks!

I came here to add my request to the list.

I currently have a rule for:
When door = open, increase entryway light to 100% brightness
THEN
When door = closed for 7 seconds, decrease entryway light to 1% brightness

I would love to be able to add a rule for:
When door = closed for 180 seconds, re-arm alarm in "Home" mode

Unfortunately manipulating the alarm system with rules is not an available variable at this time.

Would be helpful to set different sensitivity for night vs day

My sensitivity setting is good for daytime but during the night it’s

[Mod Note]: This is a merged #wishlist submission. The “Change detection sensitivity” action listed in the 1st post would allow this to be accomplished. Remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button.

1 Like

Allow for more than 59 minutes before/after sunset (eg, 2 hours and 59 minutes)

1 Like

More that that even. I have shadows that disappear at 2PM. That’s 2PM depending in the time of year. Let us do 12 hours at least! 12 Hours before or after sunrise or sunset shoul cover everthing.

Schedule scenes thru App for bulbs

Allow app to schedule scenes.

[Mod Note]: This is a merged #wishlist submission. The “Activate a Bulb Scene” action listed in the 1st post would allow this to be accomplished.

Just received my first color bulb. A bit disappointed.

Please allow scheduling of scenes, Maybe add some special affects like chasing colors, fade from one color to another.

1 Like