Add More Actions for Wyze Rules

Hello,
Would it be possible to configure a shortcut to set the camera to a certain angle with the push of a button? I know there is an option to reset the camera, but would it be possible to be able to tell the camera where to move with a shortcut? We could even use the pre-existing pan-scan shortcuts.
Thanks!
Thomas

2 Likes

For the camera in our toddlerā€™s room, we would like to be able to schedule the sensitivity to go up after a set time, like after he normally falls asleep and to go back down again after he normally wakes up in the morning. Sometimes the cat sleeps in his window or under his bed and wakes him up if he gets locked in. if the sensitivity can be scheduled to go up we could possibly be alerted before the our cat wakes him.

@kidwelsh: I merged your request here. One of the requested actions at the top of this topic is to adjust detection sensitivity. Since shortcuts can be scheduled, this would accomplish your request.

Please scroll up to the top of this page and click the VOTE button.

You might also find having stored profiles with sensitivity settings and detection zones helpful, especially if they can be scheduled.

This would be a nice feature in that you could toggle whether or not to store video on the SD card.

The reason I turn off the Local Recording to SD Card is that I donā€™t need video being captured while at home. I currently use a shortcut to arm the Wyze Pan Cam while Iā€™m out and about and with this feature enabled as a shortcut action it would then begin to capture video to the local SD card.

Likewise, upon home arrival I could disarm the Wyse Pan Cam and turn off Local Recording to SD Card. Having this feature would save having to navigate though a couple of screens to enable or disable Local Recording.

1 Like

Any ways or any plans to allow for grouping cameras to allow a single short cut to initiate the function? Not an issue now. Only two cams. 7 shortcuts set up. With more cams and more shortcuts the process might becomes inconvenient.

Hi,

Submitting this as a feature request (unless this already exists but I donā€™t believe so). I use the Wyze cams in our office to watch the doors after hours. I currently have them set to record events only but Iā€™ve found that the entire event isnā€™t always captured (in particular at the beginning of the event). So Iā€™d prefer to turn on continuous recording. However, I donā€™t want to be recording people all day long, during the work day, and instead only need continuous recording after hours, between 6pm and 8am the next day. You can schedule the cloud recording times for events. Can you extend scheduling to the continuous recording, too?

BTW I have adjusted the advanced settings to ā€œRecord Events Onlyā€ in the ā€œLocal Recording to micro SD cardā€ but that doesnā€™t follow the Event Recording Schedule I have set elsewhere in the settings and instead is just recording motion events all day long.

Thanks!

Derryck

You should be able to create a shortcut to turn the camera off/on at a scheduled time, thus not continuously recording.

1 Like

It will be awesome if you can schedule your continous recording, only continuous record from time A to time B of a day. That would save room on your SD card and stop wasting storage for useless recording.

Please add the action: Event Recording>Schedule>;ALL DAY ON and ALL DAY Off.

This will allow shortcut or IFTTT action when leaving home to automatically set detections on and then off again when returning home via IFTTT geolocation.

Whenever I leave home, I push the switch to turn ALL DAY detection on. When I return home, I push that switch to return to detection at the regular schedule times I have set. This switch is buried many layers deep and is a pain to get to. A shortcut would be fine. I also noticed IFTTT allows for an action on geolocation which would be great: flip the ALL DAY on when my phone detects I am no longer at home and flip the ALL DAY off when the phone detects that I am home.

1 Like

That worked! Thank you!

1 Like

First off, Iā€™ve recently deployed 7 wyze cam pans for myself, family, and friends and couldnā€™t be happier. Phenomenal capability and uber-simplicity!

A very helpful shortcut option would be the ability to choose waypoints (1-4 or other syntax) within the individual camera options. I have positioned one camera such that it can see a wide area. Different surveillance priorities depending on the time of day. Would be nice to semi-automate from a shortcut this rather than manually choose it from pan & scan each time.

Even better, the ability to choose different waypoints by time of day via the scheduler. Thanks for listening!

1 Like

@secondary_2g, Iā€™ve added your request to the list at the top of this topic. Please scroll to the top and vote for it by clicking the VOTE button.

1 Like

Iā€™d like to see an option for multiple schedules and settings. For example: Mon-Fri record all events from 9a-5p. Mon-Fri 5p-9a record only motion activated. Sat Sun all day record only sound activated.

4 Likes

It would be great if the Wyze app had a feature to schedule the motion tracking and pan scan features. I donā€™t really need/want to have the camera panning around at night so I would love to be able to schedule times of day for it to move around without manually turning it off/on all the time. It would be even better if I could use this feature through IFTTT to active the panning when I leave home.

3 Likes

Hi, would it be possible to trigger a shortcut with an NFC tag?
It would be really useful to simply place my phone on an NFC tag to trigger the ā€œturn camera offā€ when I get home (instead of having to open the app).
Thanks!

2 Likes

My guess is that would be non-trivial dev project and not likely high on the priority list. But I donā€™t make (or even impact) those decisions.

In the mean time, how about using geolocation through IFTTT to accomplish that?

I have lots of experience with dashcams. Writing data to the microsd cards 24x7 puts a lot of wear on the cards and is likely to cause failure within 6 months. To prolong the life of the microsd cards and improve reliability, it would be great to have a scheduled local recording option. So only write to storage from midnight to 5 am, or from 7 am to 3 pm and then switch back to live only between those times.

Great cameras for the price!

2 Likes

Iā€™d upvote having separate day/night detection zones. I could live with turning on/off zone detection though. Iā€™m looking to just monitor the door during the day but a larger area at night.

A potential way to handle all the above would be to have name device profiles. You could have an automation that switches between configuration profiles and the user could configure any settings they want.

It would be nice to have the option of a schedule for SD card local recording, ie. ā€œrecord from this time to this timeā€ continuously.