Add More Actions for Wyze Rules

You can achieve this easily with Alexa routines

Guys, even if this topic is at “maybe later”, it will never be implemented by wyze because there are way too many changes in a single wish. I can bet. I guess we should open topics on the wishlist more granularly and less in bulk.
Also the work of the wyze moderators is to group similar requests, but this does not help in this particular thread because there are too many modification requests. We should be more specific

I see what you’re saying. But I think what they’re doing is watching what all of the options are being asked for and at a later date they will break it down into smaller categories and have us vote on those. Right now they’re wanting to see exactly how many changes and what changes need to be made then they can step in and break it down into what they are capable of doing quickly and what takes more time and have us vote on what we would prefer. Right now we’re giving them an overview and I think that’s how they are viewing it. Just my opinion

@titust11, It is being done this way because this is the way Wyze has asked the moderators to do it. Here’s why: By grouping these together, we are collecting votes on how important the community thinks improvements to the rule actions are collectively. If they were separated out into 30+ separate topics, the votes could be diluted.

When it comes time for Wyze to begin working on rule action improvements, they will evaluate which have the highest priority based on community interest and need (primarily by reviewing the comments here) and other factors such as feasibility, cost and difficulty of implementation.

3 Likes

Yup what I said

2 Likes

When that time comes, I hope they’ll keep in mind that a Wyze Virtual Switch will be able to automate several of these with one simple interface. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Change color of the active shortcut like below.

1 Like

My wife works from home and has clients coming in and out of the house all day. We love the auto-lock feature but it’s inconvenient for her and her customers during work hours and she would love it if you could choose to limit auto-lock to a schedule

1 Like

That’s a great idea. I was thinking we had that option but we don’t. If you could shut it off during business hours that would be good for at home workers. My wife is a massage therapist and does manicure and pedicure and might move her business in home. She’d hate it too. Remember it to be voted on once the door is out of EA. Again very good idea imo.

1 Like

When making a rule I’d like to add some timing option.
E.g. when door sensor opens turn on light, then turn off light.

2 Likes

You can already do that. I have that set up on two doors.We have to make 2 Rules. One you’ll set the trigger for The contact sensor and then you will set the Action will be the wyze bulbs that you’ve installed. And you’ll check on. Then you’ll set another rule and you’ll do trigger same contact sensor and the same bulbs and but this time select off.

1 Like

You do the exact same thing if you want to use a motion sensor to trigger lights also. You would need to set up two rules.

I would like rules actions to allow capability to enable or disable other select Rules.
I have a rule to turn on my basement lights triggered by motion. I have another rule to turn these lights off when motion has been clear for “x” time.

My Basement is also my home theater. I want to make a shortcut to disable my basement motion dection rules and set mood lighting appropriate for movie watching.

Allowing rules to be able to enable/disable other rules would be very powerful.

In addition, it would be great to add a Wyze widget, for Android, to put secect rules shortcuts on my home screen

For the Android widget, see this:

2 Likes

Get a Logitech Harmony elite remote and you can do all of that and more that’s how I have mine set up. I have a Home Theater with 150 inch screen in a 4K projector. I tell Alexa going to Theater the stair lights come on and the theater lights come on. I use my Harmony remote which is activity-based. I push one button to watch whatever device I choose. So say Dish. Dish dvr , Onkyo receiver and my projector comes on. The theater lights go off and the stair lights go off all with one button. And if I want to I can program it to have a lamp come on or outside lights come on/off. Close blinds. Whatever And when I hit off it shuts everything off turns on the theater and stairs lights.When I’m upstairs I say Alexa leaving theater and theater and stair lights go off.

Color me jealous.

1 Like

If you lived close you could come over and watch the Super Bowl in 4K. But regardless you’re welcome anytime.

@Loki

1 Like

Yes please. This would be awesome when these cameras are used in a business. For instance, working hours can record continuously and non-working hours could record motion only.

I added my vote. There are many good suggestions in the list.

4 Likes

I have rules for home and away, much like a traditional alarm system. Rules allow changes to notifications which is perfect. Smart video alerts continue to occur based on the motion and contact sensors. Currently I need to remove the device assigned to record video. I would like the feature to turn the smart video recording for a sensor off and on using rules. Will save many 12 second uploads.

1 Like

Toggle Smart Video Alert recording for Wyze Sense sensors (by sensor or event type]

1 Like