Add More Actions for Wyze Rules

Thanks. :):smiley:

1 Like

I would like them to make ‘Enable Motion’ and Disable Motion’ universal options just like mute notifications and unsure notifications.

Would love to schedule the motion detection zone on/off. Only alert me if the front door area sees motion during the day, but set it to be the whole living room area at night/while I’m away. Voted!

1 Like

We can schedule notifications and motion sensing but not motion tracking…

Feature Request:

Allow cam users with an installed SD card to set continuous recording Advanced Settings ->Local Storage->Continuous recording on per a schedule in Event Recording->Schedule. For example, I would like to set continuous recording to SD to be on every day from 9:00 pm until 6:00 am and just let it happen per the schedule.

FYI, this request appears similar to a topic intimated by user @bryancwli24 in January 2018.

Thanks

A post was merged into an existing topic: Create one shortcut / rule with multiple conditional triggers

I would like to see the option to turn on/off door and motion sensor…not just notifications, disable them entirely - this is to allow time frames for IFTTT functions, shutting notifications off stills sends a trigger to IFTTT.

Thanks much!!!

1 Like

I agree @steve4335.

1 Like

Here is the #wishlist topic for that: On/Off Toggles/Schedule for Wyze Sense sensors

2 Likes

Thanks @Loki I had voted for this, also put a question there to the Wyze team, unfortunately it is currently listed as “probably-not”, however the Wyze team is responding to the thread and might be trying to find other ways to accomplish this.

@Plaidsky if you have not voted yet please hit the link Loki provided and cast your vote, the more we have the more it will be looked at :upside_down_face:

@steve4335 I just voted. Thanks.

1 Like

In some scenarios, such as when a camera faces a major road, the appropriate motion sensitivity setting is VERY different between daytime and nighttime. If headlights are likely to shine into the frame, it can be erroneously be detected as motion. For this reason, it would be useful if we had the ability to adjust motion sensitivity on a schedule.

As a separate but related feature, it would also be useful to schedule based on localized sunrise/sunset times, instead of only specific times of the day. (I made a separate topic for that, but I guess it has to be approved, so perhaps the moderator can update this post with a link to that, after it gets approved.)

Here is the wishlist for sunrise/sunset - ive voted for this as well

The motion sensitivity on a schedule has been merged with:

2 Likes

Thanks. I searched first for both of those, but I guess I didn’t successfully find the appropriate topics. Haha. Oh well. I tried to follow the rules, guys!

3 Likes

It’s excruciating to enable multiple devices for vacation mode. There needs to be a much simpler interface, a single screen to toggle it for all or individual devices. Right now it’s buried three screens deep, and doesn’t match at all how someone would likely want to use the feature. Think about it, if you’re leaving, you probably want all your lights and maybe even some plugs switched to vacation mode.

Please add the ability for a rule to enable/disable DEVICES. (or alternatively… allow us to enable or disable TRIGGERS if for some reason that’s easier for you to program).

Doing so would allow the following scenarios:

GIVEN I am away from home
WHEN an intruder walks around my house tripping my motion sensor
THEN the lights turn on
AND a siren attached to a smart plug raises holy hell
AND I am notified on my phone

GIVEN I am home
AND I’m in bed
WHEN an intruder walks around my house
THEN the lights turn on
AND a siren connected to a smart plug raises holy hell
AND I don’t really care about notification on my phone

And here’s the feature (or is it a non-feature) that would make my WYZE system far more useful to me…

GIVEN I’m home
AND I’m not in bed
WHEN I walk around the house
THEN the light bulb stays off
AND I’m not scared ******* by the siren connected to the smart plug going off every time I move

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines

2 Likes

My vote was to enable / disable shortcuts. The shortcuts were implemented very well. I can configure 4 cameras the way I wanted for situations like: all off, cameras on for monitoring, cameras on for monitoring and notifying. An obvious rule is, for example, 9AM to 5PM weekdays, enable shortcut for monitoring with notification.

Shortcuts have a lot of detailed options that I can set per device. I would vote against adding the exact same detailed type of configurations per device for rules too. That would be twice the work. Let me set things in shortcuts then let me create rules to activate/deactivate shortcuts.

Depending how it gets implemented, it most likely would NOT be twice the work, assuming they’re smart with the UX/UI. Most likely, you’d have a separate checkbox that says something like “configure rules for each camera separately,” or you’d group the cameras and implement rules on a group basis. If you want the same thing to happen for every camera at the same time, that would most likely remain the most “default” or straightforward way to configure it in the app.

Agreed. You make a good point about it depending on the implementation. Interesting idea as well re defining camera groups.

Everything works good in my shop but I need delay adjustment for smart light integration with motion sensor.