Add Manual Fan Control for Thermostat in the App

Just like the wall control option to cycle on the fan to run, allow the App to do the same. Right now the app shows fan options for Auto and On but the on does not do anything. It work on the wall unit so it seems the wiring is setup correctly. Correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.

[Mod Edit]: Your post was moved to this category since it involves a question and not a request for a Product or Service enhancement by Wyze.

The fan ON feature in the App worked fine for me. And, since your fan is running properly with Cooling and Heating, I suspect you were attempting to run the fan outside of its minimum On/Off timers. Most programmable thermostats have both a minimum ON and minimum OFF timer to prevent short cycling. I believe (going from memory here) the Wyze has a “number of cycles per hour” feature, which is basically the same thing. Wyze should separate the Fan min/max runs per hour from the Cooling and Coast features so you have more control. Maybe a future firmware update will have that. (Heating can be a bit more tricky, especially for gas packs.)

1 Like