Add fire /smoke/ CO alarm monitor to Wyze HMS

I’d love to see a fire alarm monitoring adding to the home security monitoring tech in the future! It would be a great product lineup addition, boost the value of the home monitoring services, and can help wyze customers save on home insurance costs :slight_smile:

Mod Note: Title Edited to Enhance Search Clarity.

me too. if they could create a competitive offering to google homes fore and smoke then that would be awesome.

Hi @Matt13 & @nunUrBizzy and welcome to the Wyze Community #Wishlist / Forum.
I agree that having a Fire/Smoke/CO2 alarm is a great accessory for the HMS.

May be question of liability. e.g The most important insurance you can have for your alarm company (Wyze AWS) is liability insurance. As an alarm company, many businesses are relying on you to protect their business property from break-ins, fires and anything that puts their business in danger.

My home insurance company asked for a copy of the monitoring certificate and gave me a 0.01% discount. They didn’t care what type of system, sensors or even if it was professionally installed. It was more of a token discount.

2 Likes

I would like to have a fire alarm which works with the Wyze HMS

1 Like

same, even if it’s just a dummy device you can put near your regular devices that listens for the alarm noises. this is already a feature of their cameras, or I guess they could just take advantage of it in their cameras.

Water sensors would also be nice. Financially, a fire or water leak could be much more costly than a burglary.

3 Likes

I just installed Home Monitoring Security from WYZE. I added my camera and activated notification of Smoke/CO notification.
But, It was not indicated on the security certificate. WYZE support indicated that currently, WYZE Home Monitoring does not get notified for CO/Smoke emergency. I would like that to be included in the emergency response.

5 Likes

If fire alarm capability is eventually added, be sure to use heat detectors in kitchen areas (not smoke detectors) to avoid false alarms. Someone will eventually burn their dinner or set popcorn on fire in the microwave. Commercial fire alarm permitting almost always requires heat detection be used in lunchrooms, break rooms, etc., which is why formal plan review is generally required in advance of construction.

5 Likes

very good point. this is one of those things I could definitely see the company doing more of a disclosure about. not as coverage for them but more of an FYI.

Centralized home monitoring is the reason that I purchased this system. Not because I believe it’s necessary for my home, but my insurance company provides a discount if I have it. Wyze publishes burglary alerts to Noonlight already (as reflected on the certificate that Noonlight creates when you ask for a certificate of home monitoring), but does not include smoke/CO alerts, despite the fact that the cameras detect this (by listening to the smoke/CO alarm sounds).

Noonlight already has an API that let’s developers publish alerts to them to include it in the centralized home monitoring. I’d love for Wyze to add smoke/CO alerts to what they publish to Noonlight so that it’s covered as “centralized home monitoring”.

5 Likes

I agree, i would find it very valuable for Wyze to integrate smoke/CO monitoring with noonlight.

I’m thinking this is because the camera itself doesn’t detect smoke/co, it listens for the sound of the alarm. The detector(s) probably need to be connected to the monitoring directly.
A Wyze smoke and co alarm is currently on the Wishlist

1 Like

Noonlight call for alarm triggers (fire & CO detection)

I would like to get a call from Noonlight for any fire or CO alarm trigger. From what I understand pan cam hear a fire or co alarm and send you a notification that it has heard a alarm in the house. I would like a call instead of a notification. It does no good if there is a fire going on in the house and you only get a notification. I don’t check every single time I get a notification to see what kind of notification it is. Fire an Co should be considered an emergency and constitutes a phone call.

3 Likes

Would love to see a smoke/CO alarm, but better yet, a smoke/CO/explosive gas detector. A gas leak can kill you and/or destroy your house just as fast - or faster - than a fire! I’ll bet these would sell like hotcakes…

1 Like

I would really like to see a smoke alarm in the home security. my mother in law has Parkinson’s and I have 3 dogs and early detection would be amazing!!!

+1 to this. I know there is the smoke and CO detection in the camera’s. Can that feature be used to alert HMS of a smoke or CO alarm so they can respond with fire department?

Either that or having a standalone smoke/co alarm that ties directly into the HMS.

This is the one feature I need in order to switch from my existing service.

This would be very helpful. Insurance company wont accept HMS without central fire monitoring support. Noonlight currently only certifies burglary for the Wyze system so unfortunately it’s a non-starter.

Please integrate camera smoke alarm and CO sound notifications into critical alerts if you have the Wyze HMS… seems like such a basic opportunity to save lives and homes.

+1 yes, please! Make it an optional feature and charge more for HMS if Noonlight charges more, but make it happen, please!

Agreed! I’d pay more for fire and flood monitoring.