Add Exposure and focus point/area, and brightness and contrast level controls

Pick the dark or the bright area to focus to detect the movement

I have cam-v3 facing my backyard to capture animals passing by; however, nothing gets detected when the area next to the shed is in the shade. It would be nice to be able to pick the area to be in focus (the darkest or the brightest in the scene) to ensure capturing the movement in the selected area. I would not mind sacrificing other area that gets over-exposed or under-exposed due to this feature.

This is my issue as well, would like to see the addition of Brightness/Exposure controls

1 Like

Adjusting camera exposure on a target area of the image

An enhancement feature could be to have the camera auto-exposure ajustment made on a specific area of the screen, instead of the entire image.
As an example, I have a camera pointing to my driveway but the trees, walls and other dark objects occupying a good portion of the whole image are making the “zone of interest”, at the end of my driveway, to be too light, making it difficult to distinguish anything in that area, especially during sunny days.

[Mod Edit] Merged with an existing wishlist topic. Give it a vote to help it along!

1 Like

Request for contrast and brightness controls

See attached photo of why the ability to adjust the contrast and brightness is needed :crazy_face:
The wall is about 100ft away. BTW there is a window (faint image below of a/c unit) plus a door next to it painted green in that image!
blown out

2 Likes

This is my view where I can’t see much at the end of my driveway

2 Likes

Your white cars and a black car are washed out too.

2 Likes

An exposure setting has LONG been on my wish list. I have 6 cameras, and every single one of them over exposes part of the image. HDR, or WDR, probably isn’t possible, but that would be an awesome upgrade.

1 Like