Add More IFTTT Triggers and Actions

How in the heck was “when camera motion becomes clear” missed in the triggers?
Sure I can start an action based on movement but cannot terminate the action afterward.
The cameras detector is far superior and is configurable.
I have several cams that I would like to utilize the motion sensors on as to not have to buy 3 sensors to cover the same area the cam would cover by itself.

1 Like

I think most of these are still needed and relevant.

1 Like

I begged for this week’s ago. It makes so much sense to me. The flexibility and power it would add to the cam system would be enormous.

1 Like

I wish there was a way to activate shortcuts that you edit within Wyze through the IFTTT interface. For example, to have an IFTTT event set the Wyze into “I’m home” or “I’m away” modes. Additionally, I wish there were better “rollup events” that IFTTT could capture. For example, a sensor triggered or better, a sensor triggered a camera recording." I also wish there was a way to trigger IFTTT when a camera or sensor went offline. This way you wouldn’t have to regularly check on Wyze to be sure that all the cameras and sensors were working.

1 Like

How about having it just turn off the cameras?

New Actions added to WyzeCam service in IFTTT

If you want to turn motion detection off for one camera with IFTTT, and not have to turn off all notifications.

@Shapehp… You can already currently turn on/off motion detection per camera with IFTTT. What you cannot do is turn on/off notifications per camera. For that, you will want to click the VOTE button at the top of this topic.

1 Like

Based on excellent work today re person detection - would like to add Person Detected as an event (as separate to Motion Detected)

4 Likes

I mean as in motion sensors

Hi,

It would be really cool when you relase a “Person detected” Event on IFTTT.

This would be very useful to trigger actions.

ATM just “Motion detected” exist.

Regards,
Damian

6 Likes

Since person detection is being done with artificial intelligence of the camera image, and the PIR sensor doesn’t have a camera, I doubt this request will ever be fulfilled.

Please update the IFTTT to be able to separate people detection from general motion detection.

I have the cameras motion detection linked with my home security system, and sometimes the alarm start because it detected some big mosquito or shadows, now when the cameras can differentiate between general motion and person detection I would like to be able to create a IF trigger only when person is detected by the camera and ignore rest of motion.

So only when a person will be detected the home alarm will start.

6 Likes

Triggering shortcuts is a big missing part for automating notifications. I have 30+ cameras and sensors that I have grouped based on what I want to notify me when I am gone or never or all the time. Pressing my shortcut when I leave or get home is really good but I could have it do it automatically based on location if they would add the shortcuts to ifttt. Without it I would have to set up 60 actions in ifttt. That is just not feasible.

I would really prefer that they implemented location based actions in the Wyze app itself but that is a tall order given the details of tracking multiple people and maintaining a state of who is home or not. If the ifttt action exists I can track that stuff myself and trigger ifttt when I want.

2 Likes

IFTTT triggering of Wyze Shortcuts has been split out to its own #wishlist topic: IFTTT Action to Trigger Wyze Shortcut / Rule

Be sure to hop over and vote for that one.

In thinking about the motion and magnet sensors, I think that the API designers at Wyze will really need to think through the API around them. In the video on sensors, Wyze shows people using for all sorts of things – like cookie jar lids. This sort of creates a whole mixed metaphor around the devices. Is it a camera with sensors or is it a general sensor system. Some may use it like a burglar alarm, others for watching their pets. And then if they get into outdoor sensors, that’s like another world.

Right now, you need to create specific IFTTT actions for each sensor message or you can say “any sensor.” Being able to act on “any sensor in a group” would be a huge step toward managing the sensors. You might say “if any door sensor goes off then send a notification” and in the same system say “if my cookie sensor goes off, add it to my cookie counter register in google docs.”

I hope they do a good job figuring this out.

I would like to be able to set a bulb timer when the bulb is powered on. This would fix the light for my walk-in closet for most cases.

That’s an interesting idea. My other smart bulbs simply don’t respond when the switch is turned off. It would be cool if, when the bulb switched on, it would tell the controller and make an event that further logic could act on.

A downside to your closet idea would be that you might need to turn your switch off then on again to get the bulb to come back on.

Perhaps a simpler way to solve your problem would be to install a switch on your closet door or a motion sensor inside your closet. Then the logic could be more like “if door opens or motion sensor detects motion, turn on light.” Then “when door closes or motion sensor hasn’t detected motion for 1 minute, turn off light.”

1 Like

I understand that occasionally you’ll have it turn off on you, but that would happen so rarely that it would be worth the reliability. I have considered the contact switch or motion sensor, but those have lag and are far from the sensor base station and won’t be reliable. It would be the most simple with just the one device (bulb) and nothing else.

I live in the country so I do not use motion detection. I have a magnetic driveway sensor and it sends IFTTT to Record a short video clip. I also have it pushing me a notification but I would rather have the Wyze push the notification with the video clip, but you can’t send a notification for a scene.

add a modified action…

• Record a short video clip and send notification.

Or, include Scene Notification in the Notifications settings.