Add Disable cam siren feature to App

I do not want the siren!!!

[Mod Edit]: Title modified to be exclusive to cams and to enhance search clarity.

ditto. also really want to permanently disable the siren for now. been reading here in the forum about sirens randomly going off even if no rule was set up. really disconcerting to read about.

just a while ago tonight, when doing a quick looksee at the cams at our other house, saw a note pop up in the wyze app on one my v3 cams with a spotlight that asked to start a siren tutorial. wtf? siren tutorial??? nope. don’t want to click any siren tutorial. so this prompted me to visit the forum here to see recent discussions about this siren nonsense. ugh. me have wyze cams at two houses and my concern is sirens somehow going off in the middle of the night at the other house where i’m not at and my getting a call about that and requiring me to drive late at night to get to the other house to shut it off by unplugging the cams. geez, this is making me think that now need to buy wifi plugs to put on all my cams to kill the cams in case this happens. argh.

2 Likes

PanV3 siren to easy to turn on accidentally

I use the “Privacy Mode” icon frequently on my new PANv3. It’s right next to the “Siren” icon and it’s only a matter of time before I accidentally activate the siren near the baby. I really don’t want this to happen. Wish there was a way I could LOCK THE SIREN OFF.

1 Like

Here is a TearDown video of a v3. Should be easy to remove the siren or clip the wire if you are comfortable enough taking the camera apart.

1 Like

I had the above video bookmarked because I have v3 cameras. Looks like the OP has Pan v3. Here is the TearDown video for the Pan v3.

1 Like

Bumping an older thread, but disappointed this is still an issue.

We use the Wyze Cam Pan v3 as a baby monitor. We recently accidentally turned the siren on in the app and woke up the kiddo. Really frustrating, and makes me really wish there was a way to permanently disable the siren feature.

The disassembly for Pan v3 looks complicated. I may switch to a different option if I don’t find a different solution.

1 Like

Like some other users mentioned above, we are using our WYZE Cam OG as a baby monitor.

In the app, the button that triggers the siren is annoyingly close to other buttons–so it’s very easy to accidentally hit it. Setting off a siren from a camera you’re using to monitor a sleeping baby is… not ideal.

Would LOVE a way to completely disable the siren on a camera or, at minimum, remove/“gray out” that “Siren” button in the app.

2 Likes

Agree completely with others who use it as a baby monitor. The siren button is right next to the record video button! It would be SO easy to turn the siren on in the middle of the night and wake the baby. I can’t imagine a situation where I would ever want to use the siren. I would really love a way to disable it, otherwise I’ll probably look for another option and recommend my friends with babies look elsewhere as well.

I have the same problem