Add a loud Siren (also integrated with HMS)

I personally have never had an issue with the contact sensors. I even have one on my mailbox at the curb that notifies me and turns on a lamp when the mail is delivered. Has been working flawlessly. Maybe it’s a range issue or some kind of interference. Like i posted above would love something like this that can alarm of my front door is open or chime when the mail comes…endless possibilities really.

1 Like

Wyze plug 2.0, should include a small speaker that can be programmed to react to sensor… That’d be great feature

Hello thanks for share this idea… I really want to install in my farm all wyze divises but i didn’t find a loud alarm to used with the system.

I just want to confirm with you if I need to used any specific energy voltage for The loud alarm?

And the last, the alarm is activated using the wyze wifi plug? How can I activated the alarm using this?

Thanks a lot

1 Like

When I worked AP a company had a camera that when it noticed motion would speak an alert saying its a recorded area. If the motion continued it would then sound an alarm.

I’ve done this, but there are severe limitations. If you want the siren to sound when any device is triggered (like multiple window and door contacts) you have to create a rule for every single sensor, then to “arm” the system you’d have to enable every single sensor rule, every time. Then of course disable every single sensor rule to “disarm”. Am I missing something? This should be a pretty obvious and important feature that doesn’t exist. Setting a rule where 1 of any number of sensors could trigger a device, but all in 1 rule.

1 Like

Loki,

I had sent in for a siren like Bosma and was contacted by the person who had already put up using a software fix with sound files to play out of the existing cameras since most of us have more than 1. The purpose was not to have to purchase a wyze plug. The purpose was/is to have 2 choices

1. when you get an alert that looks like an intruder to be able to pick a sound file and push a button on your phone to start the file ie cops siren, dogs barking etc.
  2. If possible in the same software to have a pre set sound file that goes off if you set it to go off on a condition bc maybe you are away.

Everything else are just side additions but not the idea that is wanted. Ie a guy gave a great way to add a big alarm speaker for high db alert. Love the idea and may implement it but it is not the software idea that started this.
How do we get it back to this simple fix?

Ed

1 Like

Please we really need a WYZE siren

The new Wyze Cam V3 has an 80-db siren that can be triggered manually or with a Wyze trigger. Wyze Cam v3 | Wired Security Camera

Woohoo!

1 Like

Will they make this in the pan cam?

Yes please!! This is the only reason holding me back from switching to this setup. SimpliSafe has an extra 105db siren alarm, that can be placed up high with a ladder, so that a would-be intruder would have a hard time smashing the unit.

https://simplisafe.com/105-decibel-alarm-siren

1 Like

Yes please, loud Siren will be a nice addition.

2 Likes

Looking for a smart chime that goes off anytime my contact sensors open. Which can double as an alarm too if motion sensor goes off etc… so basically a smart alarm /chime. Would be a great addition

For the moment - I bought an inexpensive connected to SmartPlug which only are turning on when Im out of home /. Siren is activated (smart plug turn on) when the wyze motion sensor detect a movement in the basement ,. It’s not the best solution but It can help in many cases .
Remember to deactivate motion sensor (camera connected to the Wyze bridge) previously to enter the house or use IFTTT with Location services to active or deactivate . Hope it can help

Is there any way to integrate a siren or loudspeaker to an outdoor wyzecam? I realize you can communicate but the volume is so low that two way communication is ineffectual. It would be nice to be able to warn trespassers or scare animals away with a loudspeaker.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Doorbell chime/WCO siren/Wyze cam v3 siren integration with HMS

My Sense Hub is located in the living room; our bedroom is far enough away that if the alarm goes off when we’re asleep chances are we won’t hear it. Also, if the garage were broken into there’s a chance the siren would be so faint that it wouldn’t scare the burglar away.

Wyze, please consider selling extension sirens that you could plug into different locations. Or perhaps the doorbell chimes could be dual-purposed to also serve as an extension siren - that would be a really cool solution!

Another great feature would be to sound a siren on my phone as well - right now the alert isn’t loud or long enough to really catch my attention or wake me up.

4 Likes

My doorbell chime at max volume is louder than the sense hub siren. A louder outdoor siren from Wyze would be great

2 Likes

@dasnider I totally agree with you. I would like additional sirens for my system as well.

For now my plans will be to use a smart plug with a siren that plugs in. Then set up a trigger for the plug when the entry sensor is opened to turn on the smart plug.

Nevertheless, I do hope Wyze will come out with some simple plug in type 110 to 115 (db) sirens to go with HMS.

3 Likes

The doorbell chime is pretty loud… If they sold it separately and it worked with HMS then that might work too.

1 Like

@StopICU33 : FYI, I set up something similar to what you’re describing while I was waiting for my HMS to ship. The challenge is in how to arm/disarm the system, but I found a solution that worked quite well. See Solution for a Wyze security alarm? - Share Tips & Tricks - Wyze Community (wyzecam.com)

-Dave

1 Like