Add a loud Siren (also integrated with HMS)

We had a SimpliSafe system; the siren was 105 db and was not nearly loud enough. It could not be heard throughout the house, questionable whether we would be awakened by it. We would like a siren loud enough to be heard by everywhere in the house, and by neighbors when we are not home. Not sure what the DB would need to be, but a lot louder than 110db. The siren should also be set off by the entry and motion sensors.

We had a SimpliSafe system; the siren was 105 db and was not nearly loud enough. It could not be heard throughout the house, questionable whether we would be awakened by it. We would like a siren loud enough to be heard by everywhere in the house, and by neighbors when we are not home. Not sure what the DB would need to be, but a lot louder than 110db. The siren should also be set off by the entry and motion sensors.

The accessibility benefits of a small portable programmable speaker would outweigh those of a siren.

Wyze Should come up with a Plugin Siren that interface with Smart Plug, Motion Detector and Sensors.
Please see attachment of already existing Siren made by Insteon. This is very useful for Break in Protection, specifically in the evenings when you are asleep where you can be warned of breaching security!!

2 Likes

I’m new here and I am far from knowledgeable about the inner workings of these incredible Wyze devices and what makes them tick. BUT… in light of today’s technology, it doesn’t seem like it would be hard to make a device like a Wyze Plug that has a loud chirp and/or siren built in that could be grouped with reliable (no false alerts) sensors and manually turned on or off. An alarm was the first thing I thought the Wyze team should develop after installing my system. And it seems like it could be easy.

Vote for them in the Wishlist.

ALARM function

Voice Alerts & Chimes for sense

totally agree tenagain2002! Perhaps we need to ask Wyze forum to put together all of the requests marked “alarm”, Audio clip addition" so they all can be posted 1 place so they can see the need and ease. I originally wanted the alarm bc I had to buy 1 Bosma Camera with its 110db alarm I can turn on by phone.
But someone posted under my alarm request the idea of just playing an audio clip of alarm or letting you pick a link to the audi clip you want. ie dogs barking, etc.
It is a software issue to just add a button with a link to an audio clip. Not programming wonders like Motion detection.
IMHO

1 Like

It would be really great if Wyze could make a siren to go along with their outdoor cameras they are releasing!

Yes I had to buy 1 bosma camera to get a siren.
Most people have multiple cameras and they all have 2 way talk.
So a sound file is just a software add so should not increase price much. And will all cameras sounding off it should be loud.
The siren will rise the cost as they have to add space for it. IMHO

I have seen various requests along these lines, but not quite this specific. I currently use the Wyze Plug to activate a wired siren and strobe-light to go off if a door sensor is triggered. This actually works very well (I’m so glad Wyze has the ability to make things work outside the box!).

What would be a better solution, and I think people would buy it, would be to have a combined Siren/Strobe/Speaker. The speakers on the camera are pretty tinny. Great feature but I don’t think based on the size of the cams a better speaker system could be implemented. Being that this item would normally not be in use often, it could be wireless like the sensors. 4 AA batteries could easily power a pretty loud piezo speaker and led strobe-light.

The technology already exists in current Wyze products, they would just have to be cobbled together to make 1 functioning unit.

Thanks Wyze!

add ons are good but this is a simple software update … just add a button to the wyze app and allow it to be able to upload a sound file to be played when button is pushed.

The Bosma is bigger and heavier to house that siren. and more expensive.

can you share the siren you use? I’d like to set one up too. thank you

Hi shauns are you asking me about the Bosma camera you can get off Amazon with 115 db alarm or flick 70?

1 Like

It seems like there are really two different requests. One is for an extremely loud (110 dB) siren or alarm. The other is just to have the speakers on the camera play a chime, either at the users command, or when a sensor triggers it. It seems like the second request could be done much more easily.

1 Like

Here’s the separate #wishlist post for the related request:

Camera plays a sound (eg. siren) on motion or on demand

Yes that is why I altered my request to the latter…to just be able to have a button in the app on your phone to play a sound file ie siren sound, barking dogs, etc. This seems like an easy software fix. Let’s start with that and get it in the program already. Please!

The other requires a physical change and at this rate I don’t see that happening for awhile.

Hi Samuel,

Sorry, my cameras are mounted outside therefore I would need a soft chime in the house for the door sensors. Having chime on camera wouldn’t help muchness.

The loud siren could go inside or outside, but seems like it is difficult to find one that will plug into AC and always be on.

What I have set up at home is that power-loss siren (btw it does work with 110V) I bought from amazon hooked up to a smart switch such as Wyze’s. When I want to sound the alarm on a particular device trigger, I simply have the action to turn that switch off. Very loud and cheap!

2 Likes

Great do you have any pics and any link to what you bought to use? Love to see it!

2 Likes

I know I’m a little late in this thread but I made a DIY solution to this. I bought a siren (Honeywell I think), Wired it to a 12v plug and plugged it into a Wyze outlet. You can then set it to trigger using motion detection, door sensors, etc.

1 Like