Add a loud Siren (also integrated with HMS)

Add a 110db siren that can be triggered by motion or manually through the app.

Mod Edit: Added HMS (Home Monitoring System) to also work with requested siren.

Mod Edir:

You can most likely do this already (without a feature addition) using IFTTT to trigger an alarm when motion is detected

2 Likes

FWIW … I couldn’t figure out how to do this with IFTTT (not a coder) so bought a smart duplex + a 30 watt siren. Now if I’m fortunate enough to hear the motion detection notification from WYZE , I can open the duplex app to turn on the alarm. Not perfect but best I could come up with. I would rather it happened automatically to scare the intruder immediately and hope WYZE will add this feature in the future.

4 Likes

Which smart plug exactly did you get? If it has IFTTT support, it is very easy to set this up so that your manual step can be eliminated. We can show you how.

2 Likes

Hi, the outlet is made by Xiaomi also referred to as Mi. They seem to be a Chinese company that make a broad line of security products. Purchased from Walmart online.

If it’s possible to have my Wyze Pan activate the duplex when motion is detected, that would be my preference. Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Virus-free. www.avast.com

1 Like

Unfortunately, the Xiaomi Mi smart plug is not IFTTT compatible. You will need to purchase an IFTTT compatible smart plug for this to work. Here’s an inexpensive “no name” one I found on Amazon:

https://smile.amazon.com/Outlet-Wireless-Switch-Amazon-Control/dp/B07GC59ZDW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1549811226&sr=8-1&keywords=ifttt+compatible+smart+plug

Here’s a “name brand” much more expensive one from Wemo:

Once you have one of these on hand, it’s very easy to set up an IFTTT applet to have motion detected by a Wyze Cam trigger the outlet to turn on.

“GM Trickster”

Thank you for your fast response and the Amazon link for the $9 outlet. I will gladly purchase it if you/someone can provide me with the instructions on how to make it mate up with Wyze Pan using IFTTT for motion activation. 2nd Question: Is there anyway to time-out the activation once ‘set off’ by motion?

Thx again, you’ll be my ‘Hero’ if it all works out!

Mark

1 Like

Here are the instructions for creating an IFTTT applet:

https://help.ifttt.com/hc/en-us/articles/115010361388-How-do-I-create-an-Applet-

You would need a Wyze account, an IFTTT account and an account for the new switch.

Keep in mind that IFTTT only guarantees checking triggers every 15 minutes, so there may be delay before the switch activates. Typically it is much faster.

As far as turning the switch off again, the easiest way would be if there is automation available within the switch’s app to do that. I have no idea if there is since I don’t own one of those switches.

If the app doesn’t provide that kind of automation, you could probably do it by integrating Stringify with IFTTT to run a timer. That would be another process to construct.

1 Like

Thank you , I will check it out.

M

1 Like

A separate unit with a loud speaker that could be a companion to the new Wyze Sense if you were using them for a security system.

6 Likes

Agreed, would love for wyze to roll out a wireless siren that could also be used as a chime for Wzye sense triggers (opening doors etc ).

There is a hole for it in the market also, something like this is the best I’ve seem so far, but not seeing any real place to purchase them :

:pray:

6 Likes

Since we’re getting Wyze Sense now (got in on the early bird too), how about a simple plug in loud siren or alarm that connects via wifi to the hub that we can activate from within the ap if we detect nefarious activity within our homes? Love where you guys are going with all this.

12 Likes

I made some tests with IFTTT… Sometimes it took up to 15-20 mins before getting the then-that action triggered.
I don’t need a siren that starts beeping 20 mins after the event ! I definitely prefer sirens (also bulbs, switches, or other devices) to be part of the Wyze eco-system rather than IFTTT-triggered.

1 Like

Getting excited about the new motion detector sensors and the door sensors. Would be great to get a beep alarm when a door sensor open if desired. Also another sound or alarm sound for motion. I was thinking one sound for people in the house to hear and another sounds alarm for outside near motion sensor to let people know they have been detected. Anyway wishlist item for future…

2 Likes

To be honest, this is less a wishlist item and more of a “why wasn’t this included in the rollout” item. I love the concept, the size and the addition to the Wyze environment, but the lack of a siren for the new Wyze Sense is disappointing. The workaround once spoken about to add a siren to a camera setup isn’t even available (Dlink DCH-S220 has been discontinued). There might be a secondary workaround using Insteon, but that, like almost all other solutions, involves having a hub of some type.

What is absolutely needed is a siren solution for Wyze Sense. Here’s the wishlist part. The siren should be controllable by the device (open-close sensore, motion sensor or camera), by the app, or by a control pad (ie what the Insteon siren has), and it should be battery powered or have a battery backup if wall plugged.

This just seems like an oversight.

6 Likes

I had the idea of possibly having an “alarm” audio on the cameras themselves at a minimum until they come out with a real alarm. I know the speakers aren’t very loud but if you have multiple cameras going off it will at least give some warning. It could be as simple as the sensor setting of which camera to turn on when the sensor is triggered.

Sensor event causes camera 2 to record video and turn on alarm audio on cameras 1,2&3…

Just an idea

4 Likes

I would like to chime in on this item <see what I did there?>

A native-Wyze siren would be much better than IFTTT for a few reasons: 1) faster and guaranteed response 2) simplified setup 3) more specific control.

That last one is key I think. For example, the Wyze app could give you a 30 second countdown when a siren event has been triggered. No need to have passwords like on standard alarms since your phone is with you. It just starts the timer and if you don’t get it in time, it rings. You specify under what conditions it rings within the Wyze app. Honestly, the app is great and already does most of what would be needed – the shortcuts are perfect for setting the “away”, “home”, “sleep” settings. And now with Wyze Sense, you have inter-device rules. So most of the way there. I think this would make the Wyze ecosystem workable as a full security system.

Plus, the sirens could double as more subtle reminder tones (ding when the door opens), or even as better solutions for 2-way audio. Lots of use-cases here, I think. Actually, from my perspective, it’s more important than Google Assistant integration or even an outside camera.

Anyway, just my 2 cents. I love the products for what they do (7 cameras and a bunch of sense stuff). Keep up the good work.

10 Likes

I would like to see an alarm siren connected with wyze contact & motion sensors. That can be use as a home alarm as well. Plug in should be ok since it will need a lot of power.

6 Likes

Have a Wyze Siren that work with Wyze Cam and Wyze Sensor. One that can be trigger by motion, or manually by user.

6 Likes

Now I think about it,

When wyze starts with the Google Assistant intergration, there should be an setting to make the Google Home chime or siren .

4 Likes