Add a loud Siren (also integrated with HMS)

The siren for the home monitoring isn’t loud at all. There needs to be a fix for this.

4 Likes

Agreed! All they need to do is add an additional LOUDER siren that can be hooked up to an electrical outlet, which would sync to the hub. :thinking:

5 Likes

If you do the survey by going to the home monitoring settings in the wyze app, it shows at the end of the survey some of the projects that they are working. Obviously non of them are regards to the siren. They had one that is using the wyze chime to be able to listen to alarm. Really??

Its so simple that is ridiculous. Just add the wyze plug and let the customer decide what siren they want depending on their actual situation. Even if you add a wireless siren to the mix eventually, it will never satisfy most customers.

Wyze was so much customer oriented and i really missing that. Hope they take more serious this subject. Siren is one of the most important parts of home monitoring system. I already have the external siren and strobe, just need the damn plug to integrate with system.

5 Likes

Create a stand alone Wi-Fi very loud siren, that can be controlled from the app. Something like a panic siren, home invasion, fire alarm. Something that could wake up the neighborhood.

4 Likes

Maybe an easy first step is to use the Camera speakers to sound an alarm.
If motion is detected, all linked Wyze cameras sound an alarm synchronously.
Eufy cams have this function.

It is not loud but its enough to make someone aware that they have triggered an recording system & would scare off the casual intruder.
This would require only software & could be linked with the home monitoring hub as well.

3 Likes

I agree - this (and/or using Wyze Doorbell chimes as alarms) would be a good interim solution.

1 Like

The Eufy cams work pretty well like this. If one detects motion all of them sound an alarm.
Cams together strong…

1 Like

I agree with all. Some type of siren or even being able to use the plug in doorbell chime as an audible sound would complete the Wyze system. My hub is in the center of my home and if you are in the master bedroom you can not hear the hub siren going off.

5 Likes

I bought a Wyze plug and an external siren. The problem is that there is no rules to make this work efficiently. There needs to be a rule that says,

If armed away
And a device group triggers
Then turn on plug.

Right now, you have to set the alarm, than activate a rule for every device you want to trigger the plug since there is no rule that affects a device group.

Then you need to remember to turn off all those rules before entering the house.

3 Likes

I’m interested in having Wyze develop an Amplifier or Siren to add to their Home Security System. This would greatly help seniors with some hearing loss. Thanks for any help you can give to this issue. I absolutely love the Home Security System, and highly recommend it Thank you.

2 Likes

Hi Maryann, we’ve asked for the bird chirp “siren” to be louder so many times, that my whispers are louder at this point! BUT WAIT! You’ll get a TON of additional services from thermometers to vacuums that has taken a higher priority. Chirp Chirp.

Howc

How can we get more people interseted in an amplifier or siren for seniors with some hearing loss??

I agree, we need something louder

1 Like

There are simple solutions if they would just modify their rules engine. It is a simple programming effort. Right now, their siren won’t scare off a robber, nor attract attention outside the home.

lol, their siren can’t even wake me up, 99% of the false alarms I get from the monitoring service is because I CAN’T HEAR THE DAMN SIREN. Wyze??? When do you plan to offer an ALARM, I’m not talking about the current bird chirps you have as an “siren”.

You can even get a setup SIMILAR to the dozens of products you have going on which have NOTHING to do with security! Get back to the basics and stop being a walmart!

By the way, there are 482 votes for

Add a loud Siren (also integrated with HMS)

Maybe you all can vote here in the hopes we don’t get a lawn mower from Wyze before getting a @##@$ real siren from these people. Zzzzzz

2 Likes

I actually bought a siren and hooked it up to a Wyze plug. It is loud but, there is no way to really program it. It would be great if there was a rule that says, when alarm is tripped, turn on plug. When the alarm is disarmed, turn off plug.

Right now, I have 4 rules, one for each motion sensor. So that when a motion sensor gets tripped, the plug turns on.

But, I need to have 8 rules. 4 to turn on the motion sensors when I leave the house, and 4 to turn the rules off when I come home so I don’t trip the siren.

We are still keeping ADP until they fix this.

1 Like

Thanks for your idea. At my age, I need a Wyze siren.

1 Like

@ken63 and any others trying to add an external siren: I found a way around the problem of how to arm/disarm it without having to go in and change multiple sensors every time - see below. It’s a bit clunky and is not integrated with HMS, but it does work!

1. Attach a loud external alarm to a Wyze Plug (let’s call the plug “Siren”). I use a 12V Honeywell siren & 120>12V adapter that I got on Amazon.
  2. Plug “Siren” into a second Wyze Plug (let’s call it “Alarm Master”), and plug “Alarm Master” into an outlet. So to sum up, the Honeywell alarm is plugged into “Siren”, which is plugged into “Alarm Master”, which is plugged into the outlet.
  3. Create trigger rules for all your sensors to turn on “Siren” when a sensor is tripped
  4. Create a shortcut rule (e.g. “Arm”) that will turn on “Alarm Master”, but not Siren. (In fact, I have the rule turn Siren off, just to be sure it really is off.) You can also have the rule turn on notifications for all the sensors if you want.
  5. Create another rule, (e.g. “Disarm”), that turns off both “Alarm Master” and “Siren” Likewise, you can also have it turn off notifications.

Operation:
When disarmed, both plugs (Siren and Alarm Master) are off. If a sensor trips while disarmed, it’ll try to turn on “Siren” but won’t be able to because “Alarm Master” is off and therefore “Siren” is offline.

Once armed, 'Alarm Master" is on and “Siren” is therefore online (but off).

If a sensor trips while armed, it’ll turn “Siren” on.

To turn the siren off once it’s been tripped, run the Disarm rule or just turn Siren off from the app.

Also, in case of emergency - e.g. you see some suspicious dude walk into your yard, there’s a fire in the house, or you just need to attract attention for any reason - you can manually turn on the siren from the app.

I also created a rule to turn off Siren once it’s been on for 5 minutes, so it won’t drive the neighbors crazy if it goes off by accident and I’m not home. Hopefully if it’s an actual breakin then the siren will have scared off the burglar and/or attracted the neighbor’s attention, and I will have been notified anyway so I can check out the cameras and figure out what’s going on.

I have the 12V Honeywell siren mounted under the eaves of my garage, which is wired to a 12V adapter plugged into the Wyze Plugs (Siren & Alarm Master) inside the garage. It’s quite loud and reasonably hard to access.

Hope this helps fill the gap until Wyze actually improves their pitiful alarm!

• Dave
3 Likes