Access to the Album from the main screen

Given that the album feature contains videos and photos from any of the Wyze cameras it would make sense to have access to the album from the main screen (under the “…” menu item. Right corner). It’s a little clunky rig hth t now getting to it through a specific device. This is especially useful if the device is offline you’ll still be able to get at the album.

Thanks for the request!

As a quick check, are you unable to open the Wyze app Album when your Wyze Cam is not connected? If so, what happens when you try?

Hi @UserCustomerGwen I stand corrected. Even with the camera down you can access the album. I should have tested further. My mistake.

So really is more of a request for a better placement of the menu item to access the album.

2 Likes

Thanks for the confirmation! I’m glad you weren’t running into a bug. :slight_smile:

1 Like

There are a lot of odd things that go on with the cam albums but this is a very good suggestion and needs to be on the list. Some of the things I’ve noticed are that recordings and photos that I’ve taken with a cam will turn up in the albums of other cams. Sometimes more than one while others not at all. I thought there might be some sort of distributive file sharing, but there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why or when it happens. Also I can delete time lapse files and they seem to reappear later. Treating the album as a distinct feature/button under the account might help better manage the recordings, time lapse videos, and photos.