Hello Wyze Robot Vacuum users,
As you may have noticed, we released the 1.6.126 beta firmware version with the multi-floor mapping function last week. Have you tried this latest version?
What’s new in 1.6.126:
All features require an app version of 2.20 or higher to use.
- Added support for multi-floor mapping
- Added support for turning on/off voice prompts
- Improved the experience of resuming cleaning after recharging
First of all, I want to thank you all for your support and feedback on Wyze Robot Vacuum. Although we cannot reply to every feedback, suggestion, and complaint you have provided in the forum, social media, and app log submission system, we have read and discussed them carefully. We care about your experience with Wyze Robot Vacuum and will continue improving the product for our users.
Speaking of the multi-floor mapping function, we know that this is a feature many of you have been excited about and we have been working on it for quite a while. We believe that a good multi-floor function needs to be smart and easy to use for users.
For example, ideally:
- The robot vacuum knows it is cleaning an unmapped floor and automatically saves the new map for the user
- The robot vacuum saves the map without using the charging station
- The user does not need to manually switch the map before cleaning another floor
- The robot vacuum can store 5 maps to deal with different scenarios
On the one hand, due to current hardware and software limitations, we still need to make a lot of tweaks and updates to make before we consider this feature to be fully finished. On the other hand, we do want to give you a chance to try the current beta version and hear your initial feedback while we are still optimizing it.
How to use the beta Multi-floor Mapping:
- Move the charging station and the vacuum to the new floor.
- Open your 2.20 beta app and go to Home screen > Press “Map List” button > “Add a floor”
- The map will be saved once the quick mapping is completed.
- Make sure the charging station and the vacuum are on the desired floor.
- Switch the floor map in the app before starting cleaning.
Please feel free to share your experience using this beta version of the Multi-floor Mapping function. We would love to hear from you! We’ll make the decision for whether or not we include this feature in the next public release based on your feedback. If you encounter any bugs, glitches, lack of functionality, or other problems, please let us know immediately by submitting a log and contacting our Wyze Customer Support.
By the way, we also added support for turning on/off voice prompts in the latest firmware and the beta app due to your feedback. Now the voice prompts will not disturb your sweet dreams if your vacuum needs to work at night! You can find this toggle by going to Settings > Do Not Disturb > Turn off voice prompts
We’re not done yet! We will continue to improve this product and release more cool features. Thank you very much for your support!
The Wyze Robot Vacuum team