Hello Wyze Robot Vacuum users,
As you may have noticed, we just released the 1.6.113 beta firmware version with an optimized mapping algorithm early this week. Have you tried this latest version?
WHAT’S NEW IN 1.6.113:
- Added indicators when connecting to WiFi and updating firmware
- Optimized the mapping algorithm (use the Reset Map/Quick Mapping function to use this)
- Optimized WiFi reconnection
Speaking of the optimized mapping algorithm, we would like to introduce what we did and how we did it. Recently, we received some issue reports that the map went wrong and some areas rotated and overlapped after a few runs.
After tons of log analysis, our engineering team found the causes of the mapping issue. One of them is that the cap pillars of the LiDAR sensor lead to an accumulated error of the LiDAR data. The accumulated error has a certain chance to affect the final mapping result.
How did we optimize the algorithm? In short, we excluded these 3 pillars’ dirty data from all LiDAR data. According to our lab testing results, the LiDAR data precision has been improved and the mapping result is much better. We believe it is time to expand the scope of testing and start beta testing. In order to use the new mapping algorithm, the old mapping data needs to be deleted, which means you need to reset the map and perform a quick mapping first to use this new algorithm.
Please feel free to share your mapping experience with the latest firmware. Should you encounter any bugs, glitches, lack of functionality, or other problems with this beta firmware, please let us know immediately by submitting a log and contacting our Wyze Customer Support.
OTHER CAUSES OF THE MAPPING ISSUE:
We also found some other cases that would affect the results of mapping and cleaning. Please try to avoid the following situations in order to get a better result:
- The vacuum was manually moved during cleaning.
- The floor/carpet is uneven or the vacuum is stuck/trapped on the threshold (going back and forth) for a short time during cleaning. Similar scenario: a small rug or something is stuck under the vacuum and slightly lifts the vacuum during cleaning.
- The vacuum slipped during cleaning.
- There were some major changes to the room layout without a remapping (eg. furniture, boxes on the ground)
WHAT TO DO IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG WITH YOUR MAP:
Update the firmware and re-create your map using “Quick mapping”:
2.18 app users: Settings > Reset Map > go back to Home screen and press “Quick mapping”
2.19 and later app users: Press the “Edit Map” button in the lower-right corner of the home screen and then select “Quick mapping”
If the map displayed on the Home screen goes wrong right after a cleaning task, please go to “Edit Map” to check if the map is also wrong. If not, start a new cleaning. The correct map should be restored.
Hope this can help you learn more about your Wyze Robot Vacuum and our team. We will continue to improve this product and release more cool features. Thank you very much for your support!