Ability to use app WITHOUT internet

The Wyze outdoor cam offers “travel mode” for use when you don’t have Internet. The Wyze color bulbs can be controlled using bluetooth in case you lose wifi or internet. However, there is no way to use the Wyze app without Internet. If you try to authenticate, you get an error, “Login Error. Problem connecting to server. please try again.”

I expect that control of other Wyze devices where you might be non-Internet connected would have problems too. What if you are traveling and need to change something on your Wyze watch? What if you wanted to use a Wyze robot vacuum at a cabin with local-only Wifi (i.e. no Internet)?

Am i missing something? This needs to be fixed! The app needs an “offline” mode.

[Mod Note:] This topic has been merged to the #wishlist category.

This is an excellent idea and I think it would be very useful!

This is most likely because the app has to connect to Wyze’s servers to authenticate your account, internet connection is required for this. This account login would probably one of the major roadblocks for this offline use feature.

If you were to connect to Wyze devices without WiFi, you would already have to be logged into the app or a local mode would have to be made with the ability to connect to products via Bluetooth or the Wyze product creating its own WiFi network for your mobile device to connect to.

Edit: @mrcklk, The mods made your topic a wishlist item, don’t forget to vote for your own!

3 Likes

For myself, I would be happy to know that the robo-vac could navigate on bluetooth (like amazon sidewalk). My internet is weak on one side of the house and it is about to become even weaker.