Ability to take a snap shot/adjustable frame rate

Sometimes I travel in areas with very poor internet options…think similar to dialup. In those cases, I cannot see my Wyze cams live or notifications. The ability to take a snap shot, or control frame rate would be huge help!

I like the idea of an adjustable frame rate. My Foscam cameras have this and it works great in low bandwidth situations. There could be some options from one frame every 10 seconds up to 15fps with various steps in between. The selected frame rate could be posted above the video frame when not full speed to remind the user that a lower rate is set.

One idea I’ve had is for the camera to send a snapshot before attempting to stream video. That way if the network speed is really slow you at least get at least a still. I have often seen connecting to 3/3 but never able to stream the video.

I’ve got a v1 wyzecam and a wyzecam pan. I have them going into TinyCamPro running on old Samsung s4 phone. From there, I view them on web or in SmartThings ActionTiles dashboard. Eventually I may switch to RPi3 with MotionEye when we get RTSP.

Anyway for my use, I think a lower framerate would help since my psuedo-NVR is not that powerful. So can we currently change the framerate somehow to minimize bandwidth? If not, feature request for future :slight_smile:

Anyone know what the max number of cameras that work with TinyCamPro or MotionEye? Thinking about getting rid of some/all my Arlos.

From time to time either the location I am sitting in the connection is slow as molasses during a blizzard.
I think it would be a nice feature for the camera to send a single frame capture of what it sees while it attempts to load the stream.

hi!
I have a suggestion. Allow a user configurable video frame rate. So instead of always recording in real time 30FPS, (which burns up your 12 sec real quick), I assume you are limiting the file size of 12sec time so you can manage your cloud storage? If you allow the user to choose a slower frame rate or time lapse interval it would be much better. For example allow the user to set the camera to grab 10 FPS. doing this will increase the amount of information the camera collects, but still allows your company to keep the 12sec limit for upload to the cloud (and should keep the file size about the same). Doing this feature would greatly enhance and make the product much more usable.
Additionally, your 5 minute “cool down” should be less. Closer to 2 or 3 minutes would be better because, if someone comes onto my property, and I record 12 sec, and then stop for 5 minutes! by the end of 5 minutes the person would have already done their damage and left!

@davidscott95,

With regard to the shorter cool down period, Wyze has implemented a subscription feature called Complete Motion Capture which completely eliminates the cool down. See this:

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035932932-What-is-Complete-Motion-Capture-CMC-

By the way, Wyze Cams stream at 15 fps in day mode and 10 fps in night mode.

1 Like

thanks for the info. I am aware of the CMC. however i believe that is a paid subscription…

You are correct, it is 1.49 per cam per month