Ability to lock on portrait or landscape mode within the app

It would make the app a little more fluid to use because one thing I find annoying especially when using the wyze app on the ipad with rotation lock on is that when i exit and go back into the app, it would change from portrait to landscape. I would then have to back out and close the app completely and go back in for it to go back to portrait mode.

1 Like

@Vince I moved this to #ask-the-community for now while we explore it a bit more. Your answers will help determine if it should be its own #roadmap topic or merged with another.

Could you describe the exact sequence of steps during which you experience this issue? For example:

1. View app in portrait on iPad
  2. Engage iOS rotation lock
  3. Exit Wyze app back to home screen
  4. etc etc

@Loki

1. My iPad’s Rotation Lock is always on, and my Wyze cams are always turned off if when I’m not using them.

2. I’d open the Wyze app

3. I’d see the Wyze main menu

4. I’d open one of my cameras and turn it on for viewing

5. I’d press the home button/touch ID sensor on my iPad to go back to the home screen

6. I’d reopen the Wyze app and it becomes landscape mode

7. I’d press the home button/touch ID sensor again to go back to the home screen

8. Then I’d clear the Wyze app completely by removing it from the recently opened apps screen

9. Repeat steps 2, 3, and 4 again

10. It’s back to potrait mode

11. I’d turn off my Wyze cam

12. Repeat steps 5 and 6 again (back to landscape mode…)

13. Repeat steps 7 and 8 again

14. Repeat steps 2, 3, and 4 again

15. It’s back to potrait mode

As you can see it’s kinda tedious to go through these steps whenever I need to exit the Wyze app momentarily. And unlocking the Rotation Lock on my iPad every time I need to use the Wyze app wouldn’t be convenient and a hassle.

1 Like

@Vince

I can replicate what you describe only if at step #1, the rotation lock is engaged with the iPad already in landscape. Is that what you’re doing?

If so, then I believe the behavior you describe is normal. When the app re-opens with a single camera selected and with orientation locked in landscape, it properly thinks the iPad IS in landscape (even if it’s not physically) and displays the landscape view of the camera.

What we really need is full landscape support throughout the app. There’s a Roadmap topic for that already, linked below. I’d suggest you hop over there and vote for it. Make sure to click the VOTE button at the top. Add any comments you wish at the end.

3 Likes

well done on the amount of detail and steps to take us through the issue you’re having! between the steps and screen shots I can fully understand whats going on and I don’t even use apple. good form sir

1 Like

Newbie here - just got my Android 10 32GB 10.1" screen tablet - a week ago. I found that if I turn off Auto-rotation in the dropdown menu once the app is in the landsacpe position that it will stay there. BUT every now and then it will do a 180* flip so the botton edge of the view is at the top of the tablet. That is what is working for me at present.

1 Like

To make your Wyze doorbell camera landscape, you will need to follow these steps:

1. Turn off the power to your doorbell camera by disconnecting it from the power source or by pressing the reset button on the back of the camera.
  2. Carefully remove the camera from the mounting bracket.
  3. Turn the camera so that it is in a landscape orientation.
  4. Reattach the camera to the mounting bracket, making sure that it is securely fastened.
  5. Turn the power back on to the doorbell camera.
  6. Test the camera to make sure it is working properly in landscape mode.

It is important to be careful when handling the camera and mounting bracket to avoid damaging the camera or causing injury. If you are unsure about how to properly install or adjust your doorbell camera, it is recommended that you consult the manufacturer’s instructions or a professional installer. This is the. ChatAI solution haven’t tried it