Ability to group cameras, like in folders.

The ability to group cameras, like in folders, would be very handy if you have a lot of cameras, whether in different locations, shared, etc.

You can group cameras already with the current app. You click on + and then add device groups and then you can put cameras in a group. I’m not sure if this is what you’re looking for or something else.

5 Likes

Thank you! Exactly what I was looking for.

However… Is there a way to have it not stream all of the cameras when opening the group? Not a lot of bandwidth here…

Not that I’ve ever seen. The group screen is designed to show all the cameras in the group. I suppose you could turn them off, but I think that defeats the purpose.

yes, turning them off would defeat the purpose of having cameras as you noted :rofl: we’re working on getting a 1000 foot wire run to get better than 1 mbit upstream, which is proving insufficient for 9 cameras at that location…

This may help in the meantime, I created a divider that I have in my device list that is between my active mission critical devices. If you create a camera group and add a camera then once the camera group is created remove the camera so that there is nothing in the group and rename it to whatever, this is my jerry rigged divider on my device list.

3 Likes