Ability to force log out of all devices

Power cycling just the cameras isn’t a valid test.

Remember the connection is between the phone/tablet and the server. There is no connection disruption from the phone to the server. Hence the existing connection is still valid.

(Yes the camera is disconnected, but when powered up, it’ll connect to the server again)

The whole idea is to cut the current connection. Since the roommate is moving, he has to establish a new connection. His old sessions are all gone.

It’s a valid test. If the account password is changed, and the remote user ever has to hit reload, then they will go straight to a logon screen because their currently-loaded password will no longer authenticate for that cam.

If you power down a cam, reboot the router, or disconnect the Internet cable, cams will do down on their side. Hitting reload will get them the logon screen if the password has been changed.

1 Like

It is not.

The premise I put forward is that once you break the app’s connection to the server (and force the app to login again), then the new password is checked. Cycling a camera does not affect the phone’s connection to the server. The downed phone isn’t viewable while powering up, but the phone/server connection is still valid. Cycling the camera has no effect on the app’s session with the server, it’s not a good test.

All the confusion arises because people think that the app is connected to the cameras, It isn’t. It’s connected to the server.

I think we are into semantics here. First, I don’t believe rebooting your router will have any effect on the remote user’s app. It will only down cameras from their viewpoint.

So – I’m not breaking their app’s connection to the server, I’m breaking the remote user’s connection to the camera. Yes, this is where we get into semantics. I understand their connection is with the servers, but visually they just lost a connection with a camera.

When they subsequently hit the reload button for that camera, they immediately go to the logon screen because you just forced them to re-authenticate. After that they can’t access any of the cameras without the new password (and 2FA device, if that is enabled).

1 Like

Losing a remote connection to a camera, can mean two cases.

It might mean the app’s connection to the server is lost.

It could also mean that only the camera’s connection to the server is lost while the app’s server connection stays. This is what you tested when you powered down the camera.

It’s the second case that I’m trying to point out. That second case, the app/server connection is still valid and you can still access the camera once it is up. Even though the password has changed. Unless of course Wyze, added server code to detect this.

In the first case, then the app will need to login again. And it will fail because the new password then takes effect.

Yes, their app/server connection is still valid. But no, you can’t still access the camera once it is back up. You have to press the reload button to get the camera back, it isn’t automatic. That will immediately take you to the logon screen because your account credentials are no longer valid for that camera.

Well OK, I that case I suspect the Wyze team added code that flags orphaned connections.

No, they just require re-authentication every time you see that little circle filling up, or the app reloads. In both cases you go along your happy way if your saved credentials match the credentials on the server.

It does not works outside USA, so, it’s not a solution for me…

Continuing the discussion from Ability to force log out of all devices:

I think that by now vs. when this original entry was created, that Wyze should have long already fixed this issue and added the ability to optionally log out of all devices or selected devices by resetting your password with the added security of involving the original account holders email as verification so that just not anyone logged into your account can master reset your password via the app. [quote=“thatliz11, post:1, topic:27248, full:true”]
Hello, my roommate is moving out on the first and I want to make sure she isn’t logged in to my cameras after that. Is there a way to log out of all devices? I’ve already changed my password.

2 Likes

I newly enabled 2FA on my account and I am still logged in, but from what I am reading above, it should of prompted me to relogin? I’ve also changed the password as well.

I’ve seen all these stories about hackers hacking cameras via stolen credentials and unfortunately, I like many, have had mine stolen in the past. Please advise.

I’m also concerned that since i added 2FA on my account. I didn’t get the option to log out of all of my devices. Someone could have access to my account right now and i want to ensure they don’t have it. It is almost enough for me to stop using my Wyze cameras. Please get this feature added ASAP.

I walk around my house in the buff quite often, I’d hate for some hacker to get a glimpse of my greek-god bod for free!!!

2 Likes

This apparently already occurs when resetting your password, but it could be useful to simply confirm your current app session is the only one logged in for security reasons and peace of mind.

Unplugging the power to the camera and not plugging it back in again would also work. A new camera is only $10-$20 for peace of mind.

Any real solution for this issue yet? I will stop using my devices until there is. This is a huge security flaw. Anyone who ever gets access can have it permanently unless I make a whole new account? What?

Welcome to the forum.

As far as I know, it’s only a security risk if you give out your login/password.
How else would people get access to your cameras?

This is frankly ridiculous we haven’t seen an immediate scramble to fix this issue. This is a major security flaw.

2 Likes

No kidding. This HAS to be fixed!!!

I just changed to a new email and it looged all other users out. That’s the trick I guess.

2 Likes