Ability to filter detected sounds

It would be great if one could filter out certain sounds. I live on a busy road with a big hill. The sound of vehicles accelerating up that hill always gets detected and recorded as a sound, even at the lowest sensitivity setting. An “block this sound” button would be great. Alternatively, there could be a “record selected sounds only” option where the user could select a particular sound to record.

It “sounds” like this is asking for artificial intelligence to do for sound what person detection does for video. I’m not sure how much effort Wyze would devote to this or if it’s even feasible to include fit into the firmware, but it’s an interesting idea.

1 Like

I was actually thinking of something simpler, like recording a sound and then hitting a filter out button for the sound recorded. Of course, there would have to be some range for frequency so it isn’t overly specific.

I’m certainly not the expert on this, but I would think there would have to be some artificial intelligence/machine learning to accomplish this. The recorded sound is never going to match the detected sound exactly.

1 Like