Ability to Change Email Address

But they want you to keep buying new products, rather than fix the app to make having those new products desirable

Wyze, you are missing the point, and income.

2 Likes

Please add this, I need to change my email and migrating everything including services is not a good workaround

1 Like

Wyze - I love your easy to use products, but this is a basic necessity and making an email change, just as easy, is a basic necessity! It sounds like you’re ok with making your customers take on the work.

Also, how about a response? Anyone listening to their customers?

3 Likes

Yes, the silence is deafening.

Instead of writing a barrage of new code for new products, they should just fix the [Mod Edit] app and move into the 21st century.

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines

1 Like

The lack of this basic feature to change the email address associated with the account is truly surprising. This is the first company/web site that has lacked this feature I have actually ever encountered, and I’m guessing others share a similar experience. This appears to be a design fault in the product. If there is non trivial effort for your development team to resolve, the focus is wrong. It is non trivial effort for your customers to apply an ineffective workaround. Pushing this effort onto your customers to justify a lack of attention from your development team is the wrong focus here. Please please please remedy this with high priority.

1 Like

Well stated. I am stunned that this issue has not yet been resolved, equally stunned in the total lack of customizations in the app - specifically the request for a dark mode.

With a constant flow of new products and the subsequent code required to integrate into the app, They appear to be “digging a bigger hole” putting effort into the existing system, while not making these basic changes.

It is 2020, not 1980

Get TypeApp for Android

1 Like

If you have any early bird or other promotional pricing on your devices, it cannot be transferred to a new account. I just finished chatting with support and their answer was to cancel the account, create a new one and lose your promotional pricing. Unsatisfactory.
“10:10:17 PM) Mae: My apologies about this. The promotional code used was tied on your current account and once cancelled then you apply for a new subscription, you will purchase the subscription on the original price.”

This is a huge disappointment. They have a broken system

Get TypeApp for Android

The ability to change your account email.

This is currently in beta!

Cool! When will it be available?

Going to have to ask a Wyze employee that but probably soon as usual with beta tests… :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I saw that the ability to change your email is in beta. When will it be available?

With the release of Wyze App version 2.16 today, you may now change your Wyze account email in the Wyze App at Account > Account > Email. Look for a post soon in #news explaining the differences between your Wyze Account and Forum email addresses.

4 Likes

Ope! Loki beat me to this one. This is now officially launched with the 2.16 app! :smiley:

4 Likes

I want a way to change my email address. also a second means of recovering my account in case of a lost authentications app.

I’d like to second that request.

You can change your email address now. The fix to do this is live according to the Wyze FAQ.

Baby steps. Damn, when will the app get a proper overhaul and a desktop version?

Get TypeApp for Android

Note: I posted this reply under another topic on email change.

The email change function is really a masking trick employed by the IT folks. Your email is not really changed in the IT tables. I have first-hand experience with this. I had changed my email address back in April shortly after when the email change functionality was available.

I purchased an additional camera In May and got a welcome email sent to both my old and new email addresses. I contacted Wyze support on this issue. Whenever support replied, the email was sent to my old email address with a copy to my new email address. In other words, my account was still registered under my old email address as the primary owner and my new email address is an “add-on” to the account.

In early July 2021, I set up a new email address and account. Support was able to transfer my Cam Plus subscriptions to my new account on my phone. However they were not able to move the Cam Plus subscriptions to my Wyze Services account, which was a separate system. The two systems were not linked! After considerable back and forth emails, earlier this week (July 19) I had them cancelled my Cam Plus subscriptions that were attached to my old email address and purchased them again in my new account. The lesson learned is that the Wyze email change function isn’t a real change. They merely add your new email as an alternative email and they don’t tell you the new email is really a secondary email. I found out that not all emails go to the secondary email which is why I decided to set up a new account with a new email. It’s still painful if you want to change your email address on your Wyze camera account.