A Wyze Garden Hose Spigot Controller

How about a Wyze garden spigot controller? There are a number of products of this sort, but none of them are particularly elegant, or affordable.

This could work as an adjunct to the Wyse Sprinkler control software. It could present itself as an additional zone, or as a stand-alone irrigation system. It would also be helpful it the device had two or three hose attachments, so you could create a “poor man’s” irrigation system…

https://www.amazon.com/RAINPOINT-Sprinkler-Programmable-Automatic-Irrigation/dp/B08GC661Z2/ref=sr_1_18?dchild=1&keywords=wifi+water+valve&qid=1619031370&sr=8-18

https://www.amazon.com/LinkTap-Wireless-Water-Timer-Gateway/dp/B082SFK7G9/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=wifi+water+valve&qid=1619031370&sr=8-8

Please create a faucet hose timer. I’m currently using B-Hyve and their software is terrible.

I would like to see something like this. I have the sprinkler system from wyze but I would like something like this for my garden area that isn’t connected to the sprinkler system

Agree, it would be good. How about making it rechargeable via a wireless charger at the sane time.

I’m interested in the B-Hyve units, despite the terrible name. There is a small plug-in base that supports the hose end models only.

Do you know whether the larger wired 4/8/16 node bases support Bluetooth to the hose end timers in addition to the wired traditional valves? I think they do.

I don’t know if they do. In general the byhye main unit are likely decent but they really failed with the hose facet timers. You can get them to work but scheduling sucks as soon as you have more than one of them because they treat the as separate systems instead of zones of the same system. I’ve also had to factory reset the a few times to get them working again.

1 Like

Thanks! I’m actually considering trying to use a regular wired valve instead of the hose end Bluetooth receiver valve (even though I will be using an existing outdoor faucet / bib). I imagine it can work with the right adapter. I’ve never done sprinklers before.

I’ve got a B-Hyve hose timer working with Alexa but it was not easy.

1. I bought a 4-port WiFi wired sprinkler controller thinking it would also talk to the hose end timer because they both have Bluetooth. Wrong. I had to buy a little $30 WiFi transceiver just for the hose end unit.

2. Their software treats the sprinkler controller and hose end as entirely separate timers. Alexa integration can point to one OR the other, but not both. There is a separate setting for Google integration so I suppose you could cover both timers if you have both smart home systems.

3. On the wired sprinkler controller you can just say “Alexa, tell B-Hyve to water” and it will manually start all zones. Doing the same when the Alexa skill is using the hose end unit will NOT work. It says it will but nothing happens. You have to specifically say "tell B-Hyve to water station 1 for X minutes*, even though of course there’s only a single station/zone on a hose timer.

4. I wanted to make that easier via a custom Alexa routine, but Alexa insists that “water my plants” means “what are my plans” no matter what accent I speak in. :slight_smile:

5. I finally just used a different trigger (“watering”) and the custom routine works.

I hope this helps someone out (and tips Wyze on how they could improve on this). But I still don’t understand why Wyze charges a subscription for weather based watering when their competitors do not.