A Better Viewing options for SD footage is needed...

support

I received a Pan Cam as a gift, love it, and am inclined to buy several more but off-put by how tedious it is to view footage stored on the SD card by swiping the timeline on the bottom of the video image. There is so much lag in the response it is near impossible to select the desired time precisely. It is like herding cats.

What I suggest as an alternative to swiping on the timeline is are HH:MM:SS text fields for manually entering start and end points for viewing. For example if I get a motion detection cloud alert for 06:30:15 I could access the SD footage, enter 06:29:00 — 06:31:00 to easily check what happened before and after. Ideally this single time-frame entry would be applied to all the cameras on the network sequentually, with an option to also save the clips to storage on the viewing device (iPad in my case).

Also desirable would be a fast forward option for SD playback and an option to skip to the next motion detection event on the SD. For example I use the Pan Cam to keep an eye on the dog when I’m out. I don’t need or want to save his every movement to the cloud but would enjoy a way to quickly skip between movement tracking events on the SD footage automatically to see what he has been into. He sleeps 80% of the time so being able to automatically skip between motion / sound (of him barking at someone) events would motivate me to buy more cameras.

10x playback is in the works for the next major app update.

Also if on the scroll you could add the thumbnail feature. Basically as you scroll it gives you thumbnail views/ previews allowing you to see if you need to keep scrolling

Teddy asked:

but off-put by how tedious it is to view footage stored on the SD card by swiping the timeline on the bottom of the video image. There is so much lag in the response it is near impossible to select the desired time precisely. It is like herding cats.

No it’s not. Once you get close, pinch out on the time line, and it will expand enough that you can select a time within about 10 seconds.

problem is, when using the scrollbar remotely (like abroad over low bandwidth cellular) it disconnects if you try to view playback more than a few hours back.

this is a performance issue with the way the scrollbar works. i did a number of tests and found using the calendar i can jump days back in time, with no disconnects. but using the calendar means playback starts at midnight of that day.

i agree with cgardner that an HH:MM type field is needed

Since posting my comment I have upgraded my viewing platform from iPad3 to iPadPro3 and router from Linksys 4500 to Netgear Orbi and find using the timeline on the playback much more responsive and easier to use. That said still would like to have the ability to manually enter start:stop time ranges in the playback.