5 cameras two different locations and two different networks just went Offline?

Does any one know why all my cameras would have just gone offline?

I have 1 here at home and it’s never gone offline before and I have 4 more at another location that I can’t go check.

The last event about 42 minutes ago and all cameras went offline about 35 minutes ago.

I have access to one, but the others are at another location which I can’t get to for a couple days.

As I’ve been looking for answers here, and trouble shooting, refreshing the home page, rebooting the app, checking for updates, the cameras are slowly coming back on.

It shows 41 minutes from my last motion notification and finally getting a new one.

now I have 3 of the remote cameras online, but not the local one, and it’s been 48 minutes…

Did Wyze do a server reset- since it’s late at night on a Sunday?

Just seems weird that all 5 cameras went offline at the same time…

Now 51 minutes later all four remote cameras are online, but my camera here is still offline…

Never mind… The 5th camera just came back online…

So all 5 are working now…

Happy that they are back up and running…

Very strangely, the event recording settings were turned off on two of the remote cameras???

I did not turn them off. And, I am the only one with access… Wyze, what/how is that???

And, checking my notifications, three hours ago I got notifications from all 5 cameras. But prior to them all going offline about an hour ago I was still getting notifications- but only from two cameras (one remote camera and my local camera). The other 3 cameras hadn’t sent a notification for 3 hours… Which is strange…

But, when this was all starting, I was checking the notifications about an hour ago, and they were all showing online. As I was reviewing the motion videos, they all switched to offline…

All of them are working now… So no help needed in getting them online- but very strange… Especially the settings being changed… That’s actually a little scary…

Thank you for your time.

You’re not alone… I noticed the same things last night between 10pm and 1am Eastern time. Server response got progressively worse to the point where my cams became useless, either lagging behind or going offline every few minutes. Reviewing a 12s event took over a minute to load. Event thumbnails took minutes to load. There were mass Internet outages and bottlenecks around that time… perhaps that contributed to Wyze issues? It did correct itself and all is well now.

Re: “settings being changed”… your settings weren’t changed. They just weren’t loaded yet. Your cam settings are stored in the cloud. When you select a cam feed to view, the settings are pulled in from the cloud. If you choose to review the settings before they are loaded from the cloud, you’ll see the default settings instead of your preferred cloud settings. To get around this when “things are slow”, when you view a cam feed, don’t select the gear icon (settings) until you see the throughput value (xxx.x KB/s) and/or date/time updating on the feed.

1 Like