I am perplexed: I have 3 new V2 wyze cams:
Cam1 is on home network. Works flawlessly from home, road (cellular-Tmobile) and all other wifi locations.
Cam2 is on home network. Works flawlessly from home, road (cellular-Tmobile) and all other wifi locations.
Cam3 is at parents house (5 miles away). Works when in their house. Can not connect otherwise.
- Does not get past step 1 of 3, “Connection Failed” is the only message I get
- firmware updated to 18.104.22.168
- I do get notifications for movement - which is weird
- I have restarted the app on both my Galaxy S9 & my wifes iPhone Xr
- I have rebooted the camera multiple times
- no problems during setup: getting flashing yellow light, scanning QR code is simple and camera connect easily- when in their house.
- Turn wifi off no image from cellular data from Cam3
However, Cam1 & Cam2 work on cellular data, from the App, from either phone (iOS/android), from anywhere, while Cam3 at my parents does not work from anywhere except in their house when on wifi…
Here’e the weird one: As I mentioned I do get notifications from Cam3, from anywhere, AND I can view the 12 sec clips, so I know Cam3 is working, it just won’t get past step 1/3 when connecting when not on the proper wifi…
oh shoot, I haven’t brought their Cam to my home yet to see if the internet speed at the parents house is the issue.
I’ll get back to ya if I need help after that test. Thx for letting me talk my way through this
ps why can’t I create a tag that better suits my issue, makes the tags almost irrelevant…