3 Pan Cams updated firmware today, will NOT turn off remotely

Unless I unplug them, of course.

I saw a previous post about manually downloading the old firmware then hoping that a new update will fix it. Is that the only option? I love Wyze cams but if that is the solution I’ll skip to the part where I pay more for cameras that function as expected.

I’m having the exact same issue.

This is a known issue that Wyze is investigating today.

They seriously need an outage map or page or something.

1 Like

I am having the same issue on all of my cameras, and I did not update the firmware on any of them. I’m not convinced the new firmware had anything to do with it.

I’m not sure what caused it, but non of my cameras will turn off either. Very frustrating and tried everything I could think of, even unplugging them to see if it would reset things. Now they are all unplugged and ofline because I don’t want them on when we are home. They won’t be used until the issue is resolved. It is a personal choice and privacy issue and hopefully the Wyze team hasn’t disabled the fucntionality. I remember a post by one of the Wyze team members indicating this was a discussion topic and it being a split decision. He went on to say that cameras should be on all the time. I couldn’t disagree more. It is a dealbreaker for me … sunk cost of 5 Wyze cams and I will get something else that I can turn off.

Checked today and it looks like the issue is resolved. THANK YOU Wyze team! Please don’t ever consider removing the ability to turn off the cams. Leave us the choice to do so. My family and I don’t want our personal life recorded and sent to the cloud. I’m referring to WyzeMark’s comment on the thread for the Wyze 2.o update. “cameras should always be on”