3 out of my 5 Wyze cams STOPPED working

My 5 Wyze cams are approximately 1 to 1 1/2 yrs old. Three out of five of them no longer work. I’ve tried resetting, restarting, deleting, setting up wifi again on them but still not working! All are in the same location as always, within 10 feet of my wifi . The furthest away, located OUTSIDE facing our vehicles in the driveway 40 feet away, works perfectly and so does the one at our front door, which is 8 feet from one of the 3 broken cams!

Any clues??? (Offline; restart device failed; not connected. Those are the errors.)

Have you changed any of your network equipment lately or ISP changes? Also are any other wifi equipment experiencing problems?

I’m thinking maybe something in your local area, maybe a neighbor is interfering with the wifi signal?

Yes, we bought a Nighthawk router extender but that was weeks ago. I’ll have Mediacom check it out because we have a service call tomorrow. We’ve been paying for 1000 mbps (1gb) speed for the past year and only get up to 300 mbps. They have yet to fix it but that never affected our Wyze cams or Ring doorbell. The 3 wyze cams stopped working very recently.

Try a factory on one and see what ya get

To perform a factory reset on your camera, follow the instructions below:

1. If using an SD card with the camera, remove it before proceeding.
  2. Leave the unit plugged in and power on.
  3. Press and hold the setup button on the bottom of the unit for 10 seconds for Wyze Cam V2 and Wyze Cam Pan units and 20 seconds for Wyze Cam V1 units
  4. Allow at least 30 seconds for the unit to initialize. In some rare instances, this process can take up to 5 minutes.
  5. The LED on the back should move from Solid Yellow to Blinking Yellow.
  6. The device is now ready to be setup once again.
3 Likes

I have only experienced one camera stopping on me several months ago, and I did exactly what @HDRock suggested and it corrected my problem instantly. It has been going strong ever since.

4 Likes