2020 Wyze Black Friday CamPlus offer Clarification

Just an update for anyone else who had questions about this offer:

I ordered 5 subscriptions, paid $119.40 upfront.

Afterward I then surprisingly received a credit to my Wyze account

I thought that whole part of the promotion was just for if I renewed camplus they’d give me the normal yearly promotional rate, but no, they really meant that they’d give me a 3 month credit of $1.25 for each subscription! Awesome surprise.

I also got the email a few minutes after the order. I am not sure exactly how long it took (it wasn’t within the first 2 minutes or so after the order was placed, but I wasn’t watching my notifications to know exactly how long it took and when I checked again 30-60min later it was there. I was also wondering when my Cam Plus licenses would be available, because they weren’t showing up in the app, and I kept looking and looking and wondering if something screwed up…then the email answered that question too

2 notes:

1. you get 1 single code for the total amount of cams you qualify for. I got 1 code to cover up to 5 free V3’s
  2. It can take up to 1 week before the subscriptions will be able to be used (ie: put them on the cameras I already have). Good to know.

So, they say you have to pay $23.88/each, but they’ll credit you back $3.75 each, so it’s really $20.13 each.
Basically, it works out to “If you buy a V3 cam, we’ll give you a year of Cam Plus for free!”

It does say you owe the taxes and shipping on all the V3 Cams, but if you order $100 of other stuff in the next week or two, then add these, you get free shipping, meaning you get V3 Cams plus a year subscription for LESS than the normal cost of V3’s. You don’t need more cams, you say? Sell the V3’s unopened for $25 after they come in, and you basically just got paid $5 per camera to use Cam Plus for a year. That’s a solid no-brainer right there.

Again, if you do this offer, DON’T use any discount/coupon codes. Pay the full price or risk losing the deal according to Wyze customer support. Also, make sure in your order screen, it says you are ordering “Cam Plus (Black Friday)” not just Cam Plus.

Just letting you know it worked out great for me. Thanks Wyze!

2 Likes

I want to be clear. I don’t think Wyze would intentionally try thr old bait and switch routine. :slightly_smiling_face:
There are just so many posts in this forum from people not reciving orders.
I don’t think it’s intentional, just incompetence. :blush:

1 Like

Yeah, I agree. I don’t think there is any nefarious intent from Wyze, but my experience has taught me to make sure I’m safe/covered nonetheless when things aren’t super clear or seem too good to be true. :slight_smile:

In one case, a different company was being honest, but a sales rep lied to me to get a sale, so the recording forced them to fix the situation. It’s just backup for something that seems like an extremely good deal (or protection from an individual’s random incompetence). It’s paid off a lot.

I purchased this deal this morning but mistakenly ordered 1 instead of multiple. Apparently, they cannot update the quantity after you order. They cannot cancel the order, they cannot send a new code, nothing is possible they say. Very disappointing.

Yeah, I noticed it warmed of that in one of their disclaimers somewhere (I read EVERYTHING). I had a hard time deciding how many to get because it wouldn’t let me change my mind later. Frustrating if you wanted more though.

I’ve never had CamPlus - not even a trial - so I qualify for this offer. But as best I can tell you’re paying $9 more for CamPlus so you can get a $20 camera. Is it worth the paperwork to save $11? When I could just grab a V3 at my leisure next year?

Also, if you buy 2 or 3 of these deals, can you save the extra CamPlus subs to use on a single camera in following years, or do all the subs start ticking at the same time?

No, my understanding is that they will all expire 1 year from now whether you use them or not.

Still, to me it is a no brainer. For your situation, let’s say you order 3 subscriptions
$23.88 X 3 = $71.64
They credit you back $1.25 X 3months=$3.75 X 3subscriptions = $11.25 credited back
So, $71.64upfront - $11.25credit = $60.39 for 3 cams and 3 full year long subscriptions.

Order the 3 V3’s (if you order them together with one or more of the new products launching over the next couple weeks before the free shipping promo ends as they said they had a few more coming before end of year, you could get free shipping off those V3’s too.

You already have cameras and don’t need the V3’s right now, so SELL them. eBay is selling them for over $25 (most V2’s are still selling for over $25), and some V3’s are selling in the $50 range. So, just sell your V3’s, you’ll AT LEAST get $25. $25 X 3=$75 or more back from selling them.

So you ultimately net out with paying $60.39 and you get back at least $75. That is $15 PROFIT plus 3 free year long Cam Plus licenses. That is a no-brainer with absolutely NO downsides in the ultimate outcome. The final outcome is that Wyze will pay you $15 to have 3 free Cam Plus licenses for a year. Even if you pay for shipping instead of doing it with another order to get free shipping…then what, let’s say you spend $17 on shipping…even if you only sold the V3’s for $25 each (instead of as much as $50 each as many sold for this last week), that is still $2 for 3 Cam Plus licenses that last a whole year. It’s still a no-brainer (IMHO).

So the answer is YES, it most certainly IS worth the paperwork because you’re basically getting it free especially if you don’t care about having more cams and just sell them instead. That’s my perspective.

The only reason I didn’t get the max of 7 is because I didn’t want to be tempted to have all 7 Cam Plus’s active at the same time eating away the bandwidth on my router/limited internet…I mean having 7 constant streams uploading high definition video sounds like lag frustration and router memory leak waiting to happen (my bandwidth is only like 30Mbps and tons of devices)…so I stopped at 5 to limit my temptation, pulling out my own hair, and upsetting my wife who relies on stable internet as she works from home…“happy wife, happy life” and all that.

(You could also always keep the new cams and sell the old ones…you won’t get as much for used V2’s, but you’ll still cover a decent chunk of the cost).

Thanks for the detailed reply! The only flies in the ointment are (a) I’m too lazy to do all that and (b) I don’t want to deal with selling anything (an order of magnitude more off-putting than product returns) and ( c ) I really don’t need more than one CamPlus subscription. I wouldn’t mind replacing 3 V2s though. That starlight sensor rocks.

Maybe I’ll go in for one. This deal runs through Monday?

1 Like

Offer valid 11/27/2020 12:00 am PST to 12/15/2020 11:59 pm PST.

Wyze Cam v3 coupon codes expire 03/31/2021.

Yeah, hear you on the selling thing. I just give them to my wife and tell her to post it on her Facebook marketplace. That’s not too hard for me :rofl:

1 Like

I did this and recieved the email about the three dollar credit to my account. The credit was never on my account however. I did notice that the email telling me about my credit used my nickname from another email account and other sites like PayPal but I don’t use that name in my wyze account. I wonder if they are crediting a non existing wyze account based on a different email I use with PayPal? I’m so confused!

Where do you go to find your credit in your account? Can you use this credit when purchasing the v3?

Go to My Account, scroll down to My Services and click on the Manage my Services button. Scroll down to the bottom where it says Billing. You should see a line item with status “Open” showing a negative dollar amount (depending how many subscriptions you ordered…$3.75 for each one). You can click on View to get a more detailed breakdown.

It is interesting that credit does not show under the “store credit” tab. This indicates you may not be able to use it toward the purchase or shipping amount of other devices. I am just using deductive logic for that assumption though, perhaps they will allow it. It is possible though that they will only allow it to be used toward other service costs (a cam plus renewal next year for example). Wyze has not clearly specified one way or the other.

1 Like

I just tried to purchase my cams and my supposed credit is no where. I tried contacting wyze and got directed no where. It made me want to rip my hair out.

There was also no way to add any other promo like the 5 bucks off for Amazon pay.

Hey @junkmailjessi - Did you get the confirmation email stated in the Here’s How it Works ?

1 Like

If you have a computer (laptop/desktop) maybe try it on there instead? I usually do my orders on my laptop and the discount codes have worked on there many times.

Secondly, maybe click proceed to checkout and see if it gives you the option there before you actually confirm everything and pay. Often places will give you one last chance to add redemption codes on the confirmation screens just past the shopping cart.

(And like Brian said, you need to grab the code out of the email they should’ve sent you with the special code to use)

So I ordered black friday v3 special. Was charged and received credit via email. But not any code to activate cam plus. Contacted service via email and was told would receive discount code to order the v3’s. But not when. No activation code for cam plus. No discount code for v3 . But they sure took my money. Not a happy camper!

The Cam Plus subscriptions will show up in your account within 1 week. You just have to wait for them to show up. I just saw mine are in there today (so took 3 days for me to have mine show up under available subscriptions in the app). Just keep checking back, they show up eventually.

The email for the codes to wave the cost of the V3’s is within 1 hour or less (at least for me it was). Then you place a new order for the V3’s, apply the redemption code, and it waves the cost of that many cams, you just pay shipping and taxes.

I emailed support the next day when I didn’t receive my coupon codes. They said check spam. Did that then they said it would come by Monday at the earliest. Well its Tuesday and no coupon codes for the camera’s. Other people received theirs within an hour…The promotion on this was horrible and their support apparently does not know what is going on … Close to just calling my credit card company and disputing the charge…

They never do and that is not the fault of CS. There seems to be very poor communication between all levels of Wyze.

1 Like

Apparently the whole promo is confusing as to how you need to do the purchase of the CamPlus to make sure you get the free Cam V3 code.

I ordered 7 which is the max. I got billed but never got the code.

Turns out I got 7 CamPlus subscriptions at a discounted price, which is one promo; instead of 7 CamPlus subscriptions at full price with 7 free Cam V3 which is a different promo.

The silly thing is they’re both on the same page and it’s confusing which and how you select.

In either case I called support about it, they have to contact supervisor, but in the end they’re just charging me the difference and will send me the code for the free 7 Cam V3’s.

They knew this was an issue with other buyers as well and I was on and off in 5 min with no hassle’s or problems.

Wyze handled this error like a CHAMP. Thank you Wyze!

3 Likes