2 Wyze PanCams - different problems

Just recv 2 new cams. 1st one took the firmware update but has zero motion detection, Walk into the room, wave your hand in front nothing. Also the tagging features show no green boxes. Other than that looks fine 92% connection.
Cam #2 does have motion detection and the tagging, ect. works as advertised but failed the firmware upgrade 5X.
Both cams lag 15-20 seconds from movement to phone. Pan left pan right 20 sec later you see left, 40 sec later you see right. No way that’s going to work.
Any suggestions?
Tried email support and chat zero help there. To be honest looking at the amount and variety of issues in this forum I believe I’ll wait until the quality improves or look for another solution. The old get what you pay for adage comes to mind, but I wanted to give them a try. I find it odd that all the you tube videos out there mention zero problems.

1 Like

The first issue sounds like motion detection is not enabled. That would explain why tagging is not working and no notifications are being sent. You could try disabling motion detection and tagging and re-enabling them if you haven’t already, or power cycle the camera and see if it starts working.

The second issue is likely due to the removal of the hardware decoder in the Android version of the Wyze app. You can try rolling back to the older version of the app and see if that resolves the issue with lag:

You may also get more responsiveness by switching from HD quality to SD or 360p. I’m using mine in 360p mode since I haven’t rolled back my app.

2 Likes

Appreciate the reply and help. Think i’m going to return these 2 and give it 6 months or until a v2 comes out like the original. They are nice cams just a little buggy for me to deal with time wise. Thanks again!

1 Like

Understood. If it’s primarily the video lag that’s holding you back Wyze does plan to release a new app with a fix very shortly. I don’t have a ton of experience with the Pan Cam (just got one), but I will say that my v2 cams have been very reliable. If you don’t need the panning features those might be a better option for you.

Either way please let us know if we can help with any questions or issues that come up!

2 Likes

I’ve had the same problem with motion detection with two pan cameras that I set up yesterday. My old pan cam works fine, but the new ones set up the same way do noting. I can force a video clip with a motion sensor, but no motion detection from the cameras.

1 Like

This is going to sound really strange, but I was just in a support chat, and both cameras started working. Maybe it was moving them to where I had easy access for support and the power cycling sorted it out?? They are working now, and that is all I;m concerned about

2 Likes

Ok, giving WYZE another chance and took @thequietman44 suggestion and got a v2 for one area that it would cover. So unpacked and setup and it wouldn’t do this latest firmware upgrade from the startup sequence, failed 2x. However in going into the settings to turn on person detection it said firmware upgrade needed for this feature, upgraded from that screen and it worked fine. Coincidence? don’t know but thought i’d put it out there for anyone else having problems. Now onto the PanCam, will post results of setup/upgrade.

2 Likes

Pan Cam setup and updated FW without issue. Motion tagging, etc. all functioning normally. Only issue now is the lagging with both, going to try the app rollback and see how it does. Much better experience with these 2 cams, my original order must have been bad components or build.

Rolled back the app, reinstalled and so far everything is working great. Looking forward to the new app fix but for now I’m good!

1 Like