2.4 App Release!

I have a new Galaxy A50 and there are no thumbnails there either.

Yes, great improvement on the zoom. I like how it snaps back now instead of being out of alignment after zooming. Way to go Wyze team! :clap:

Just a heads up, but I’m sure you already know.
The Wyze app isn’t working for IOS 13 public beta.
The app opens, but no buttons are showing.

1 Like

I haven’t updated the new app and never do that until the dust settles. But looking at these comments I hope that Wyze is not adopting the Windows 10 update model. I appreciate Wyze’s youthful exuberance in providing enhancements, but tackling the nuances of device compatibility, let alone the typical risks of breaking stuff in new code, is not trivial. Wyze (@WyzeGwendolyn): relax, take a breath, and develop a reputation for reliability and stability in quality (in addition to that of your excellent and inexpensive products).

Concerning the Notification thumbnails.
I’ve noticed that the thumbnail won’t show up immediately when the Notification arrives on my iPhone XR running the IOS 13 beta.
The thumbnail will appear after about 15 seconds if the screen is kept awake.

If I let the screen go black and then wake the phone the Notification on the lock screen will again show no thumbnail until 15 seconds goes by and then it reappears.

@azwayneb, please see the iOS 13 beta and Wyze app thread. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Been there, done that.
As you can see by my last post on that thread.
Fortunately, I keep an Android spare phone around to do serious work,:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: like Wyze Cam setup.

Awesome, I think I was just trying point out this topic should remain about currently supported OS versions on devices. Wyze is very aware of the iOS 13 beta issue, and is working on it.

3 Likes

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 and cannot get the Wyze app to load past the startup screen. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app twice and still no luck.

Hello @celleste. Welcome to the community. If you haven’t tried clearing the cache in the Wyze app, I would recommend doing so. Go to settings in the Wyze app info>storage>clear cache. Restart your phone.

If you can’t get into the app try going to Settings–>Apps–>Wyze–>storage–>clear cache

Did you have a prior version (pre 2.4) of Wyze loaded?
If so maybe an uninstall/reinstall would work.

Hi,

Please can someone help? I’m having the same problem described by Toothless88. tried to install in two different smartphones (Huawei P8 lite Android 8.0.0).

Since this update I’ve found the app to be very unstable… I’m always getting… App is not responding errors after a few minutes of watching the live stream.
Have restarted both devices and cam, has made zero difference.

Thanks a lot.

Thank you @StopICU33 and @gemniii for your replies. I discovered that my roommate had changed the firewall settings on our internet. I could not get the Wyze app to load using the Wifi connection but I was able to get it to load if I used mobile data. We have since solved the problem. This was a problem with 2.3.69 loaded on my Samsung Galaxy S7 and 2.4.24 loaded on my Galaxy S8.

3 Likes

After activating “Account->App Settings->Camera->Enable Hardware Decoder” seems to be fine and app flows normally as before.

You are welcome, @celleste, and glad your problem with the Wyze app has been solved.

Big thank you to the devs for the thumbnail. So I can quickly glance at my watch and see what’s going on. Great feature.

1 Like

I have never had any Notification thumbnails on my Samsung S9+ since I updated to this app.
I got out my Samsung tablet (Android version 7 ) today and updated the app And after I opened it I had the thumbnails The next time I opened the app They were gone and haven’t came back

Mind doing a quick check for me? Do you get the thumbnails back if you run the app in the background (temporarily for the sake of this experiment)?

1 Like

That post was before the latest update Since that update all devices are showing Notification thumbnails perfectly.
Thanks Gwen

3 Likes

HOORAY! I’m happy to hear it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes