2.29 app, Cam v2, Cam Pan, Cam v3, Cam Pan v2 firmware Beta Test 3/3/2022

Great catch @R.Good . I wonder if it is because the screen zooms in some when it goes to the square look

1 Like

Hey @ChemEngr
Sorry this isn’t a comparison of the VDBP to the VDP. Both views are from the Video Doorbell Pro. Wyze added the ability to turn off the Fisheye view. The images are just showing that the stamps are missing when switching views

@Newshound did a really nice viewable comparison of the two devices here. This would be a better reference. Wyze doorbell cameras comparison - #15 by Newshound

2 Likes

Nice catch. So it does cut off the edges a little to straighten it out, thus chopping off the logo and time stamp. I wonder how hard it will be to compensate for.

1 Like

I guess this is the wrong thread since its for the betas, but it just kind of surprised me the 2 views were not more significantly different for the area captured… anyway, thx for that link - much better comparisons.

I was just recalling some saying the fisheye on the pro showed more of the “floor/landing/porch” directly below the unit for viewing packages - which is what my DB lacks, cant see pkg under it, so considered the upgrade. But what I see is very little benefit to the pro for my sidewall mounting - just might see those approaching from the left a bit better. We have so few deliveries its not a big deal and my front facing v2 catches the people approaching so it still is all we really need.

I will say that the Pro Fisheye does give me a little better view than the original VDB did. I can see some packages that I couldn’t see before. It’s not a HUGE difference, but it is a little bit. I don’t have the original mounted currently, but I do love the extra little bit of view I get with the fisheye. I can see my welcome mat when fisheye is on, and lose most of it when fisheye off. It’s not uncommon for delivery people to put packages on the welcome mat.
image image

(Also, for the sake of the thread, I am confirming the Logo and timestamp disappear)

2 Likes

I’m not too concerned about a missing logo, but I do like to view the time stamp.

With your mat in view it is more obvious, most mats are probably 16”-20” give or take, so thanks for that. I have my current plus 2 still in boxes. Maybe I’ll sell all and upgrade. It won’t see the large envelope types against the wall but it might see boxes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.