2.25 Wyze App Beta Test 9/23/2021

I wonder if I am not hearing hub sounds from my basement office anymore because of a volume change in the Hub. I just had a user tell me there have been chime volume decreases:

and the last few times my HMS alarm when off I thought the volume on my alarm/siren on the hub was really soft lately compared to how loud I thought it used to be, so maybe there is something going on with the volume in some recent update I just didn’t notice until now (and yes, I checked, the hub volume is set to max/high everywhere, so I am not sure why it seems softer now than I thought it used to be, but that must be why I haven’t noticed the announcement when it arms lately.

Thanks for verifying it is indeed announcing the status change (it would still be good to make it an option whether we want it announced or silent during the schedule, and an option to send me a notification when the schedule runs).

So I just did a test from low to high. The Volume on the HMS is lower than it was before. I hear it cause I sit next to it. The Chime or countdown sound is louder than the spoken words.

Low, I can barely hear anything if at all.
Med, I can hear it but about 10 to 15 feet away, I cannot hear it
High, I hear it in the room I am in.

In the past it was much louder. The Chime or Count down sound has been adjusted as well. I used to leave mine on Med Volume now it is at High Volume.

1 Like

Did I miss: fixed the issue that allows people to listen in without your permission i.e. allows the owner to turn off the microphone?

Not sure which camera you are talking about, but as far as I can tell, there is no method or option to turn off the Mic on a Camera at this time. I have seen topic discussions about addin this item as an option.

There is a wishlist item for this, and there is a post that allows you to non-destructively disconnect the microphone on a V2/V3 in the meantime.

1 Like

iOS Widget bug – thumbnails

iPhone X iOS 14.8
Wyze app 2.25.11

Widgets not authenticating correctly back to Wyze so not picking up thumbnails.

Tried over wifi and cellular.

Log submitted 308507

I also can’t get Alexa voice skill to work and show up in the Alexa app. At this point I’m just gonna continue waiting

I’ve lost access to my doorbell. It’s not connected to the network. I’ve tried to reset the doorbell which succeeded. However when reconnecting the chime it lost access again and since then I’ve not been able to connect it.
Now it constantly says ready to connect.
Support told me to opt out of the beta program and now I’m stuck with the beta version of the doorbell and the standard version of the app.
Please help as standard support will not help

Just wanted to let you know that the Stretching issue is back. I just ran a test on the following:

• Android App Version: 2.25.12
  • v3 Firmware version: 4.36.6.17

[Mod Note]: Post moved from beta Android 2.24.41 thread.

1 Like

Yep… just checked and the stretching issue is unfortunately back. :confused:

Running the same:

• Android App Version: 2.25.12
  • v3 Firmware version: 4.36.6.17
1 Like

I love that it takes up more of the screen as it zooms in to utilize all the extra screen space, I wish we could keep that part of it, I just wish it would stay proportional and not stretch things all weird when it does it…let me still zoom in, just don’t mess with the proportions.

2 Likes

Several times I have experienced the same problem. I am using the IOS App, IOS 15.0.1, Wyze App V2.25.11 This morning for example I opened the app to turn Home Monitoring OFF (Disarmed). The App showed it was already disarmed. I refreshed the app a couple of times because I know I set the system to AWAY last night. I continued to receive a notice the system was already disarmed. When I walked out to the shop, the system was in fact armed and required my password to disarm it. I looked at the system log and it did not even show the alarm was set. This has happened to me several times.

[Mod Note]: Your post was merged to this topic for better visibility.

I noticed you are running a beta version the Wyze app for iOS. What version of hub firmware are you running?

4.32.5.92 now, but I did have 4.32.5.80. I am not sure why it doesn’t auto-update, but I need to be checking those more often.

F225F91013554F369CA380B92C12F582[346300].jpg

1 Like

Thank you for reporting back. :+1: I’m going to merge this thread into the associate beta topic for better visibility to developers. It sounds like you may have encountered an iOS beta app issue.

1 Like

Thank You, I will attempt to stay connected and watch more closely what I am doing when using the app.

Randy

F225F91013554F369CA380B92C12F582[346300].jpg

1 Like

This morning I opened the app and once again the app is reporting the system is disarmed, but if you look at the log below the icons in the picture attached, you can see the system was armed away yesterday at 16:55:15 and has not been disarmed since then.

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

Need to submit a log to developers and post the log # here when you encounter an issue like this.

2 Likes

When you open the app, initially it shows the icons mismatched (in the picture below, it shows wyze watch icon for the scale). Logs submitted ( 323929).

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @CU_W .

Interesting find. I have been a community member for a number of years and have never seen this. It is a good thing that you submitted a log for this. you can also reach out to Wyze via Phone or their support site:

By phone: (206) 339-9646 Available Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT, or online: Wyze.com/support

Curious if you tried pulling down on the home screen so it refreshes and potentially corrects this?

Also verify the App Version you are running. the current Production versions are:

iOS: 2.25.21
Android: 2.25.22

2 Likes