2.24+ App Beta Test 9/8/2021

Ok, yea. Was able to get it working with no issues on Android. iOS seems to be having the issue.

I will try iOS tomorrow. My iOS version of the App is: 2.24.41 (3)

1 Like

I am using Wyze CAM v3, firmware 4.36.3.19, app 2.24.41, iOS 14.7.1.

I am getting “vehicle” notifications and should not be. This didn’t happen until a recent app version.
I only want to be notified when a person is detected and this used to be the case.

• I have a vehicle parked in front of the house, but it is well outside of the detection zone.
  • Any time there is movement - including an insect crawling on my window - this happens.
  • The events screen is set to filter on “person” and the vehicle notifications do not show up here.
  • Notifications are turned on and only “Wyze AI Events” is selected.

Is Vehicle selected under Event Recording > Cam Plus AI Detection?

Just a FYI – The Detection Zone is only used to start an event recording. So even a fly would trigger a start when it enters the Detection Zone. After the recording starts, the whole frame is evaluated for any of the AI items. At this time, the items don’t need to be moving. Even a parked car will trigger a Vehicle notification for being in sight. We believe they are working towards only identifying moving objects.

In case this camera happens to be someplace like a garage window looking out (I have one of those), I handled my fly problem there by I buying an 8-pack of Raid Window Fly Traps (sticky films about 2-3/4" wide), and surrounded the camera with them. I even doubled them up on one side towards a window frame. Works great! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ok - but shouldn’t I be able to be notified on Person and not Vehicle (or Pet, or whatever)?

Yes – Turn off Is Vehicle under Event Recording > Cam Plus AI Detection. That should do that. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Doh. Thanks, Newshound. I missed that in your earlier post.

Pete

3 Likes

Wyze has done a great job on getting the Android notifications to function when phone is locked or not in use.

Just wanted to report that I experience a 7 second, or so, delay in notifications compared to iPhone. There are times when it notifies about 30 seconds after the iPhone and some within 3 seconds. But most of the time it is 7 seconds. When the phone is unlocked or on a charger, it is near instant or at least the same as the iPhone.

I do have all of my settings set and I even have run the the ADB Command for Doze Mode as GMail does not alert unless you set this.

Again, wanted to show the difference, this is not a major issue, but am hoping it can get to be the same as it is on an iPhone.

Below is a video of the delay (Top is Android, Bottom is iPhone)

2 Likes

This issue is also present in the production app 2.24.23

2 Likes

Just tested three v3 cameras, started a live stream in portrait mode, double tap the image and the streamed zoomed correctly with no Stretching issue.

I am using:

• Android App 2.24.51
  • v3 Firmware 4.36.5.58

Curious if anyone else is seeing this issue as fixed now?

EDIT

I just checked the stretching issue again and it is back. I am testing App Version: 2.25.12 and v3 Firmware version: 4.36.6.17

END EDIT

Must have been the firmware that fixed it , still an issue for me running *
Android App 2.24.51
production firmware 4.36.319

At have. But the release notes only said bug fixes.

Just checked again and it is still working

I no longer see this issue on any of my v3 cams using Android app 2.24.51 under Android 8, 9, 10 and 11 phones and tabs.

Checked v3 cams running firmware 4.36.3.19, 4.36.5.58 and everything in-between.

It must have been an app problem as I still have the issue on alpha Android apps looking at the same cams running 4.36.3.19 and 4.36.5.58.

1 Like

So you are saying you do not have the issue running firmware 4.36.3.19, and Android app 2.24.51 ?
I checked every one of my V3’s running this combination and all of them have the same stretched issue in portrait

Correct… no problems with aspect ratio zooming in or out for .19 through .58 firmware using Android app 2.24.51. Tested live stream and events.

I did find another obscure, related bug though using Android app 2.24.51. Problem occurs regardless of firmware version further pointing to app issue, not firmware. Start a v3 live stream in portrait mode, tap Playback, double-tap to zoom, turn phone from portrait to landscape, zoom in, turn phone back to portrait, zoom in… entire session is hosed with aspect ratio issues until the connection is re-authenticated.

Just a reminder that we are discussing 2.24.51 in a 2.24.41 topic.

1 Like

I would try clearing the Cache from within the App. Then shut the app down, long press the icon, force stop and clear Cache from there Not the Storage.

I did that the other day, maybe that corrected it.

1 Like

Yes I did realize we were in the beta section, I don’t know if this issue is posted somewhere else I just saw it here a few days ago

A post was merged into an existing topic: 2.25 Wyze App Beta Test 9/23/2021

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.