2.21 Release Candidate App, Wyze Cam Outdoor & Base Station Firmware Beta Test 6/2/2021

2.21 Release Candidate App:

App Versions:

• iOS: 2.21.26 (2)

• Android: 2.21.14

What’s New:

• Added Siren support for Wyze Cam Outdoor

• Added a Battery Usage Summary in Device Info for Wyze Cam Outdoor

• Fixed a bug that displayed the 12s limit icon for Cam Plus users

• Fixed an email notification bug in app settings

• Fixed a bug that displayed the mic button incorrectly for Wyze Video Doorbell (iOS)

• Fixed a bug that prevented Event videos from playing for Wyze Doorbell (Android)

• Fixed a detection zone setting bug for Wyze Cam v2 (Android)

• Fixed an AI switch bug in Event Settings (Android)

• Fixed a bug that caused the app to crash when using Wyze Robot Vacuum (Android)

• Fixed a pairing bug for Wyze Floor Lamp (Android)

Wyze Cam Outdoor & Base Station:

Firmware Versions:

• Wyze Cam Outdoor: 4.17.1.122

• Base Station: 4.16.2.7

What’s New:

• Added Siren support (requires the latest beta app and firmware)

• Added a Battery Usage Summary in Device Info (requires the latest beta app and firmware)

• Adjusted the image sensitivity so that it’s easier to trigger motion when the sensitivity is set to low (around 10)

• Removed the push notification when the camera is fully charged to support future products

• Disabled the DHCP server while the Base Station is not pairing or in Travel Mode

2 Likes

This version is listed as a release candidate.

Please dont shoot yourselves in the foot and release this publicly. Notifications on android still do not work.

1 Like

Joedel263, were you able to get this new version? My Android via the Google Play Store is still showing 2.21.12 as the current version.

Just installed it on mine. Looks good. but I need to go through the process to ensure my camera’s are connecting properly. For some reason, when I install an updated app, all of my icons on the device page disappears and just says Wyze. I really cannot connect to a camera in a stable fashion. I end up logging out of the app and the log back in and everything comes back.

So now that it is loaded and working, I will test. :slight_smile:

Was hoping the notifications were fixed. I will test that as well.

Was able to download 2.21.14 shortly after they posted the update about it. (Pixel 5)

1 Like

Same, also on a Pixel 5

1 Like

Spoke too soon. 20 minutes later and able to download 2.21.14.
I normally have notifications turned off, but for a test, I turned them on. Appears to be working on both my Android and @#$%^&* iPhone.

1 Like

Did you have the app opened when the notifications came through on Android?

That seems to be where the issue lies as they are working for most if the app is open (not ‘running in background’) but not if it isnt.

I turned on notifications for the motion sensor thats next to my desk. 17 notifications in the last hour for it on my ipad (not on beta) 0 on android.

Bingo! Bingo!

Yes, I had the app open (but not the active screen). Killed it and sure enough, notifications no longer working on the Android - but are on &^%$# iPhone.

One other difference. On the #$%^&* iPhone, if I click on the notification, it takes me to the 12 second event video. On the Android, (when I have the app running in the background) if I click on the notification, it takes me to the live view for that camera.

One thingI did notice with this update is that the Watch had all notifications off. I had to turn them back on. wanted to pass this on in the event individuals stop getting notifications on the watch.

Just confirmed that notifications still don’t work on this release candidate. I am still leaving the app running to get the notifications.

@QiS , just wanted to let you know that the Release Candidate still has the notification issue related to Android.

1 Like

44 or 47?

I have a 47 and didnt see that with update.

1 Like

I have as 47 as well. Not sure why there would be a difference. But not Major.

WYZE solar panel for WCO?

Don’t release this version of the app to the public, the notifications are still broken on Android just the same as the last beta version.

If Wyze app is loaded notifications work, if the app is closed, then Cam and sensor Notifications aren’t working, only HMS arming status notifications come in while the app is closed.

If you release this to the public you’ll have an overwhelmed support nightmare with insane hold times or angry customers mad they missed important notifications…don’t do it, fix this issue first, then once it’s fixed feel free to release it to the public.

2 Likes

I was working with qsun and they will be releasing an update soon: “Hi @spamoni Thank you for your patience. We’ll release a new app soon.”

in addition, the following was stated: “Appreciate your feedback. The notification issue is a must-fix bug in our list. I’ll forward it to our team members”

This is great news and I am glad that they are working on it.

2 Likes

Yeah, I remember qsun said in the other thread that they reported it, but when I still saw it wasn’t fixed by this update, I thought it was worth mentioning again in this thread too that they need to wait until that is fixed first. :slight_smile: It is a pretty critical issue for lots of people. I’m managing okay with the work arounds (leave it open or check occasionally), but the issue could even potentially be the cause of some devices being ruined (ie: V1 sensor has a low battery and the notification doesn’t come in, so it goes totally dead and bricks the sensor into a brownout whereby it’s now effectively destroyed…) that makes this a very critical issue to resolve before going public. Destroyed devices and missing person detection notifications (security) are all MAJOR issues.

2 Likes

My notifications on android still do not work

As indicated above, don’t release this candidate until the following are corrected:

1. Android Notifications still don’t work unless you have the app running. I have been working with @QiS on this. I believe they have a handle on this and are looking at a fix.

2. I am still unable to scroll through the sensors connected to the Wyze Sense Hub. I can get to all of the sensors from the device tab, I just cannot scroll through them via the hub interface.

Thanks

1 Like

for everyone telling Wyze not to release…how do u know where the issue lies? It’s very possible it’s a server issue. Mine have been sporadic, sometimes I get them, sometimes I don’t. Just this this morning, I didn’t get a notification @ 7:27 on my doorbell, but did get one for another event @ 7:33…We don’t know what’s going on behind the scene @ Wyze