2.20+ app Beta test 5/14/2021

What’s your current firmware version? I’ll ask our Bulb team when they’ll release the latest version.

Color Bulb: 1.2.0.353
Regular Bulb: 1.2.0.313

Thanks

I’ll reply to you when I get the news.

1 Like

Hi @spamoni my team replied to me there’ll be no firmware recently. Besides the connection issue, is there other issues related to white bulb and color? I can drive them to solve all these issues. Maybe we don’t need to release a new firmware version.

Please list your issues and submit a firmware log if any.

Thank you.

The only other issue is that the Rule Turns the lights on, one will go on and the other will go on a some seconds later even thought they are both connected to the WiFi.

I think that may not be the bulb issue. We found that there’s a latency issue (4s-5s) in the rule engine, which we’re still working on it.

2 Likes

Sounds good – thanks again. If you need me to check anything let me know

No firmware? What about the connection issue? I still can’t keep my 2nd bulb connected. It’s connected to my WiFi, but shows offline in the app. Or once it gets disconnected from my WiFi it won’t automatically reconnect on its own.

Hi Puck6T9, sorry for the inconvenience. I got the feedback about the offline issue before, but I’m not sure whether it was yours.
Could you submit a firmware log and address when this issue happened and the bulb name?
This information can help our devs to dive deep.

Thank you.

Log Id: 256336

Bulb name: Wyze Bulb 4
Network address ends in 222

Currently connected to my network, shows offline in the app. Sometimes will disconnect & never try to reconnect on its own. Have to power it off & back on. Sometimes more than once.

@QiS I am still having the ghost rule issue from early on in this thread. I have no rules applied at this time yet my rules are still firing as they were originally setup prior to moving my V1 sensors to the HMS hub…

Curious if this could be a result of being added to the new rules engine test group. I am not sure if that group is still active? If it is could you try removing me from it to see if it clears the “ghost rule” experience I have been having.

Got it, we’ll look at it.

Hi @R.Good do you have any other rules currently? Could you tell me when this ghost rule was executed so that we can locate the time range to dig it out? Also, please submit a log.

Thank you.

@QiS The only other rules I have now since testing and removing everything else is a rule to turn off and on a group of interior cameras at specific times. This works as expected.

Once the house settles down and all the motion stops I will send the log, specific times, and devices to pinpoint.

Thank you

At 11:18 EST PM the Master Bathroom Sensor (v1 motion sensor connected to the HMS hub) detected motion and turned on the MB Lights Bulb Group (master bedroom closet, master bath shower, master bathroom toilet) log 256630

This is a rule that was deleted a number of weeks ago when added to the new rules engine test group… as you can see the only rules I have in the wyze app at this time are to trigger a group of interior cameras on and off

Thank you for looking into this

Hi @R.Good thank you for your feedback, we’ll look into it.

1 Like

You see this on your ghost rule issues?

1 Like

I didn’t thank you @Puck6T9 I will check to see if they are still happening firing.

Are yours?

1 Like

Looks like the ghost rules have subsided and have gone on to the light… since they never turn off on their own now🤣

Now I can remake them.

Thank you for the heads up @Puck6T9 and for getting them cleared @QiS

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.