2.17+ App Beta Testing 2/8/2021

I will also add, there is a bit of wonkiness in the vehicle detection from what I have seen.

If there is a person in your driveway (and in my case usually a kid) and a stationary car parked in the driveway, you get a person and vehicle notification at the same time when it is only the person moving.

So I made note of when cars, ups/fedex trucks (and even a semi once (it was a weird situation as semis never come through my neighborhood, I am sure an act of the testing gods :wink: ) went past and checked against my notification. Fun Thread here…

I validated the controls twice turning Zone detection off and on and results were conclusive

Many thanks to @Antonius for feedback as I was kicking this test around.

I read in one of the Forums that this is because the Motion Triggers the video to be analyzed by the AI engine, if it sees a person, car, package or any other AI option, it will mark all of those regardless if they were moving. I am not sure if they are working on something to only tag the items which were moving, or if this is truly the case. However, I have experienced this exact thing myself.

I have a Camera on my Porch and planning on putting in a Doorbell, when they become available. I turned on Vehicle, Person, and Package, I had a delivery and it accurately marked the Person and Package, but also included my car in the driveway.

Yea, you mentioned you needed to run a wire for the doorbell. Did you get one ordered? Or no luck yet?
Sounds like the pre-orders are close to being shipped out, which should open up stock soon.

If not, hit me up, I ordered 2 “just in case” and at the price point not to much of a hit. You do some fantastic testing and would be happy to send it to you if the wait gets long.

1 Like

I appreciate that. Have not ordered one, on the notification list. Got the wire run and connected to my Eufy Battery Doorbell. Can’t wait to get to one ecosystem.

If it takes too long to get one, I will reach out, but all is good so far. Thanks for the offer.

I find these products exceptional and being in the IT field understand that there will be flaws. That is why these forums are so important. I always try to ensure I can provide information which may benefit others - as you do.

It is a welcome change when there are others who are on the same page and want to provide supporting information, answers, and options or suggestions to make things work better. Impressive find on the Detection Zones issues.

I echo what @carverofchoice said:

1 Like

While we are on the cam topic, I have 3 cameras out of 13 ( a v3, Pan Cam, and a V2) that are recording events for sound, and I have that option disabled.

I have toggled the option on and off a couple times, cleared cache data from the app, and logged out and back in to the app, but continue to get recording events for sound.

Anyone else experiencing the same?

I only used the the sound in my Garage for a short period of time and then turned it off. I have not experienced this issue but will test later today to see what happens.

Sane thing for me, but the 2.18.12 came shortly after.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.