VERSIONS:
  • iOS: 2.17.31 (2)

• Android: 2.17.31

WHAT’S NEW:
  • Fixed a bug that prevented Wyze Robot Vacuum users from dragging the map

• Fixed a bug that prevented Wyze Robot Vacuum users from dividing rooms

• Bug fixes

8 Likes

Anything for tstat in bug fixes? One of these days we might get Stage 2, gas forced air to energize both W1 and W2. I do appreciate the humidifier fix last app update. How about the humidity set point difference of 5% to actual. We’ll see. Testing. Thx!

Updated: Nope, it still takes +5% humidity adjustment above current humidity level to trigger humidifier to turn off.

After the update, I still can’t divide rooms with interior walls. :frowning:. The line goes right through them.

Was anything done to help address whats going on in this thread? No Tag to select when Submitting Events (Android)

Hey so this bug that many have reported across the last four to five app releases still exists.

It doesnt break the app, but its kindof annoying when you want to view multiple events.

Any type of eta on a fix?

What device are you using? I’m on an iPhone XS with the latest iOS software and have no issues creating walls in a room.

@Yichen i still do not see the Android version in Google play. Was it released?

App: 2.17.31
Device: Pixel 5 with Android 11
V3 FW: 4.36.0.252

New Potential issue, will need to re-verify tomorrow…

I Have a V3 on my Porch and Driveway. I went out my front door and was notified of a person on the phone, Alexa, and was found in the Wyze App. As I progressed down the driveway, Alexa notified of a person and the app recorded it, but no notification. I did this test twice before realizing I had filtered my events tab and being logged into a second phone (iOS iPhone). I then logged out of the iPhone and cleared my filters found in the events tab and did a test again. Went out my garage and to my porch. I was notified from the 2 camera’s in the garage, the Driveway Cam and the Porch Cam. Alexa announced a person was detected on all camera’s, and the event tab showed all events.

So now I am curious if the lack of notifications is partially because of the filters in the events tab or being logged into a second phone. This is what i will be testing tomorrow.

However, any comments would be appreciated if anyone has an idea.

thanks

1 Like

Sorry didn’t mean to reply to @spamoni4
but
Is Revert Firmware back for good?

I just upgraded a V2 that was about a year behind and was surprised I was offered the choice to revert.
/edit - the V2 had been on 4.9.5.28

I’m not able to see the .31 version either. I even tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling and I’m still on the .7 version. Does anyone know any trick to force it to update to .31?

1 Like

Why is my Android Wyze app saying 2.17.31 is available, Google says I’m a beta tester, but 2.17.31 isn’t there?

It shold be available. I am running 2.17.31. It was downloaded from the Google Store. Wonder if it is worth trying leaving the beta test group and then rejoin.

Just tried that. Completely uninstalled the app, left the beta program and waited until it said I was not in the program. Rebooted the phone. Went to the google store and rejoined the beta program and waited until it said I was in before I reinstalled the app. Still at 2.17.7… I have beta firmware installed for all devices, but can not get the beta Android app to install.

I’m running a Google Pixel 5. I’ve seen others post here with that phone too, and are on .31. So I don’t know what I’m doing wrong (if anything) that is not letting it install anything past .7.

And just for grins, I tried installing the app on an Android tablet I have. 2.17.7…

Interestingly, 2.18.12 is now out and when it was released, I could finally install 2.17.31. And now I can’t install 2.18.12. I feel like this is intentional. Like they only want a certain number of people to have the beta version.

I am running into the same now on 2.18.12

I wonder if this is to do with the way the Play Store rolls out or approves updates, or something else is going on. I am wanting to retest bugs I have run into.

I tested the heck out of this issue this week. I have deduced (for me and at least one other member I collaborated with) that it is the Detection Zone that is the cause of the lack of push notification;

The following is what I observed
Platform: Samsung Galaxy Note10+ (WYZE App v2.17.31 BETA) and iPad Air (WYZE App v2.17.21 PRODUCTION)

Pan Cam Firmware 4.10.6.237
Notifications: ON
WYZE AI Events: On
All Other Motion Events: OFF
Cam Plus Vehicle and Person Detection ON

Received Person and Vehicle notifications on:

V3 Firmware 4.36.0.252

Received Person and Vehicle notifications on:

Door Bell Camera Firmware 4.25.0.222 Of course no Zone Detection on this camera

Received Person and Vehicle notifications

IF Detection Zone is ON you do not get the push notification for Vehicles
IF Detection Zone is OFF you get push notifications for Vehicles

1 Like

This is great. I actually turned off the Detection Zone this week (I will need to verify though :slight_smile: ), and my notifications have been off the hook. It constantly notifies me as expected and all within 10 seconds or so - I have run the ADB command.

I have not put the two together (Detection Zones and Notifications) as I have been working on the Schedule Rules issue, which I have resolved and have proven in another post. I was getting a 3 minute delay for certain rules to kick in. Now they are instant.

I will have to turn on Vehicle Detection to see if this actually works for me as well.
but my V3’s and V2’s have been working this week and 1 of my 2 Outdoor cams is working as well. The second has detection zone set. I will turn that off and see.

Thanks for the info on this. It is clear and concise.

1 Like

For sure. Trying to keep up with you brother…and @carverofchoice :slight_smile:

I now have a 3rd confirmation of turning off detection zone resulting in push notifications returning.

Would be nice to know our WYZE Wyzards are getting community analysis and test results.

2 Likes

This is some amazing testing! Well done and well put together! I love these kind of answers that are a high level of contribution! Thanks for sharing.