2.12 Camera/Bulb/Band Beta Firmware test 7/16/2020

No worries. I hope there isn’t a next time :slight_smile: If it happens, you know what to capture. Thanks!

Thanks for the reply. Let me address each point:

• I see, I didn’t understand what video dragging meant, now I do :slight_smile:
  • I can easily tell the difference by the sound that the camera motor does when tracking movement. Before it only ever moved at 1 speed. Now in many circumstances the camera smooths out the beginning and end of motion, and the sound of the motor gives it away very easily. In terms of movement, the current fw seems to be to act like the previous 4.10.6.59, rather than the 5.111
  • I am aware of how that works, and with the previous fw versions that was the behavior of my camera. With the latest 6.136 fw the “first” movement that initiate the motion tracking doesn’t need to be in the detection zone. Starting from a completely still situation, with the camera in the default position for detection, any movement anywhere will trigger motion tracking, no matter if it’s in the detection one. Then of course once that it’s trigger the camera will try to follow it for as long as possible.

If you are having problems reproducing this issues let me know and I will try to take some videos to show what I’m talking about. Unfortunately the size limit of this forum makes it a little hard to send any video longer than few seconds…

1 Like

So after power cycling one came back on but the other one isn’t and I power cycled multiple times and restarted internet too. It’s mounted so can’t check status light right now but guess gonna have to re set up soon.

@WyzeTao it let me send a log even without SD card, the ticket ID is: 26924

That is the tricky part. When the camera is offline, the log from app can only collects app info but no camera info. When cameras are offline, the only way to connect to the camera is through SD card. That’s why I was asking for SD card.

The ‘good’ news is that your camera seems still be in 6.135 version. If you flash with 5.111 firmware (I am sorry that may be the only DIY solution) and upgrade again, this issue may go away. Sorry for the inconvenient solution. IoT devices could be troublesome. This is also the reason we do beta testing before official rollout.

I had about 25 false person notifications last night! My dog was walking around, my cat jumping up on something, or even lightning in the sky caused these false notifications. It seems that CamPlus is not as accurate person detection as my other cams without CamPlus. I could be wrong but none of my other cameras had any false alerts last night. I will be doing some more testing to see how accurate my other cams are compared to CamPlus but regardless of whether they are all inaccurate or just the CamPlus one, it needs to be fixed.

Hoping to see some improvements soon!

Thanks!

Some here but with just lighting changes outside the detection zone triggering event recording.

Hi @Alberto , this is Tina from Wyze. We’re currently investigating into this issue and would appreciate if you can provide us with the following info:

1. Do you have this issue (video dragging/pixelation ) in both HD and SD situation? If so, which one is worse?
  2. Does it matter if the cam is in a group or not in a group? Like do you notice any difference for video dragging/pixelation when the cam is in a group or not? If so, what kind of difference?
  3. Is the video dragging/pixelation in live streaming or playback? Can you use our App to record 30-seconds of video and send to us in email? (You can either use our app to record or send us a one-minute MP4 file on SD card)

Thank you so much and we really appreciate that you let us know of this problem and related info!

1 Like

Update, I took the camera down saw it was flashing blue so I did the setup process again in the app and it’s working again!

Yesterday I posted about having 25 false person detection alerts the night before. Well, last night I had 4-5 missed person detection events that were marked as motion. So it looks like there is definitely some work to be done with Person Detection. It’s not only my CamPlus cam, one of my other cameras with regular Person Detection missed an event and marked as motion.

When I updated to 136 all of my sensors stopped working. The bridge would just flash blue/yellow.

I switched to a Different camera. No change.
I switched bridges and tried to pair a single sensor. No change.

I ended up rolling back to 98 and everything is working and stable again.

I just logged on the beta services for Wyze and I have to say it looks like it changed a lot and is much cleaner now! Also I see the option to pay for a year of CamPlus and it’s cheaper! Thanks for the improvements! While I would still like to see bundling for multiple cameras this is a nice start. I hope this continues out of beta and people will have the option to pay annually.

While the webpage isn’t perfect because it’s still in beta it looks promising :slight_smile:

1 Like

CAM PLUS: "You may not get complete motion capture even after you subscribed to this plan."

Wait a minute…I thought capturing all motion was the whole point of the original subscription…is that the real reason for the name change? It doesn’t actually capture all motion afterall?

1 Like

That sounds really dumb! It better be only because it’s in beta. Why would I pay for complete motion capture when it may not capture all motion! I hope they fix this soon.