2.10 first beta app for Android (3/20/2020)

Dear Android users:

Today, we have the first build 2.10 app for you to test. Here are the details.

App version: 2.10.3

Release notes:

• Improved device setup process

• Bug fixes

Let me know if you find any issues.

Thanks!

The problem with 2.9.29 where non-telephony devices don’t “see” the app in the Playstore seems to have been carried over into this Beta release.
Telephony shouldn’t be mandetory for this app.
I assume it will be something the fitness band can use.

1 Like

It’s an issue because Wyze is attempting to support all their products in one App. Eufy used to be the same. They finally released different apps to control different “families” of products. For instance their Scale is not controlled by the same app as their Vacuum anymore. Nor should it be.

2 Likes

They don’t have to do that.
Telephony features don’'t work on non-telephony devices. People aren’t going to expect their fitness band to make calls on their tablet.

Since Wyze isn’t responding to the people having the problem, we’re only guessing that the problem is caused by trying to get the app ready for future devices.

It’s more than a guess. But let’s hope they resolve it whatever the reason is quickly.:upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I am using an Amazon fire tablet and the latest version I can get is 2.8.24. I was hoping to try out the person detection, but I can not.

I am using the iOS app version 2.10.5 which I believe is the latest beta. I am running iOS 13.4 and Firmware 4.9.x.111 on my cameras.

Couple of observations.

Frequent app crashes. At least three a day.

If I have a group open and leave the app then return the cameras do not reconnect to a functional live view.

The app asks me to review the app multiple times a day which would earn a negative review on a production app. Once a week is the most frequent it should ask.

1 Like

I just checked TestFlight and it said the latest version was 2.10.3. How did you get the 2.10.5? Because I’m having tons of issues with my cameras to where I’m thinking of going back to the production app. And I’m having frequent crashes. So maybe 2.10.5 would be better for me but I don’t know how to get it because it’s not on TestFlight. I just checked TestFlight and it said the latest version was 2.10.3. How did you get the 2.10.5? Because I’m having tons of issues with my cameras to where I’m thinking of going back to the production app. And I’m having frequent crashes. So maybe 2.10.5 would be better for me but I don’t know how to get it because it’s not on TestFlight

iPhone 8+ And I’m just downloading right now iOS 13.4

TestFlight shows 2.10.5 for me.

1 Like

You are iOS correct? I mean I think you are otherwise you wouldn’t be on TestFlight it’s a different system but I’m just checking

Yes I am an iPhone X on iOS 13.4

Well I’m updating to 13.4 right now

And on the beat a Facebook page they were talking about being on 2.10.3 also. So I don’t know how you got to 2.10.5. Who do we tag on this to find out?

@UserCustomerGwen

Have you refreshed TestFlight?

Refreshed it even closed it out and opened it back up. And there’s a thread on here of people that are talking about being on 2.10.3 I don’t know anything about 2.10.5

Couldn’t tell you. I got a pop up notification that 2.10.5 was available in TestFlight a few days ago and installed it.

I just turn my phone completely off and turn it back on and still nothing

Not sure what to tell you. Perhaps I stumbled on a version not intended for beta users. I assumed everyone using TestFlight got the same version. Perhaps this version was published in error and I happened to be on my phone and got the notification before it was removed.

1 Like

The 2.10.5 is the recently released alpha update. @rbruceporter signed on for alpha testing a while back. It will move to beta soon enough. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sooner the better. :wink:

And here I thought that people WANTED us to fix bugs. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like