2.10+ beta App Release - 4/27/2020

Do I really have to sign up for a beta development tester app? I just want the software that fixes the dang Bluetooth on the wyze band! I’ve wasted enough time on this piece of junk band already, now I have to sign up for a beta program?

I didn’t buy. BETA version of this band. It should have worked from the start but nooooo as previously reported. Continued shame on you wyze.

1 Like

To Wyze’s defense the Band was released as EA (early access) which means it’s not perfect. Your basically the beta tester for the band already. Early Access is made so everyday people can test it and report back to Wyze. If you wanted it to be perfect you should have waited until it came out for sale after EA was over.

Hehe, perfect… very optomistic. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That was not clear in the purchase link. AND if I am a beta tester by just buying the watch, why can’t I access the beta code? I’ve been a software developer for 20 years. This is not how it’s done. Love their cameras, no issue at all! But this band is horrible.

I have heard many issues about the band! But yes Early Access is basically being a beta tester for a month. Maybe Wyze should make that a little more clear.

Speaking only for myself, even if I was only told that the name of the program is Early Access, and that I’m getting access to a product before the general public, it would have been my very clear assumption that this is essentially a public beta program.

I’m pretty sure I was also provided with more information when I signed up for the program, i.e., that in exchange for getting early access to products, those products are more likely to have problems that we will experience – else there would be little point to the program.

To me, the only (very significant) missing element of this Early Access program is a clearly communicated bug reporting mechanism. Most other public beta programs communicate with their public testers in a much more rigorous manner, and enforce a reporting mechanism.

Russgoog, exactly. This forum is FILLED with people feeding Wyze data and requests for help. Wyze is largely silent which leads to speculation and mistrust, which ultimately can lose Wyze brand equity before they even become a player in the lucrative fitness tracker market.

All of you who are saying this is an early access product and I should have expected problems, really?

Then why are you here? You must have expected problems so there is no point trolling the forums for information. Wyze will eventually take care of them all and life will be good. And you are not going to change the minds of the scores of users who feel left out of a working product or some expectation there is an understanding of the problem we are all reporting. WE are here because we want answers or action. We get mostly neither.

So, if you’re happy with your Wyze band, awesome! I’m glad for you. I am not happy with mine because it simply does not work as advertised.

I’m done arguing with that group. You’re not going to change your mind and I’m not going to change mine. I’m returning my band if they ever provide me the label they promised. (Big shock, no response to that request either other than an auto responder)

The market leader’s product is only $69us, with the same form factor and a robust software feature set on the band and on your phone, and while it does not have Alexa integration, the actual fitness tracking is best in class for under a hundred bucks. Guess which band I’ll be buying once this piece of junk is literally off my hand? Don’t bother answering, it’s a rhetorical question.

Y’all have a nice day. I’m done defending myself, if you wanna keep banging that drum, go for it, I won’t be reading.

Wyze, you owe me either a working product or a refund. Simple and unavoidable truth.

I used to argue that early access was equivalent to beta testing. But it’s not. There are no requirements to participate other than being able to place your order before they run out of the units designated early access. As such I would expect my device to be the same as the devices released in the next wave. I don’t even understand why they are keeping conversations in this forum.

The devices are in the public facing store, just showing as sold out. So the argument that these devices are somehow not public is obviously false. Personally I think it’s a marketing tactic to increase interest and hype.

Frankly I have become disappointed with the process. It may have truly been an “Early Access” program at one point but truly is not anymore. In essence we pay full price to get a sticker and provide early feedback and help Wyze test their backend systems and iron out firmware bugs and train their help desk.

Nothing really wrong but we should call it what it is. And artificially keeping this group “hidden” from the greater public neither works nor is it necessary.

There ya go.

Early beta buyers don’'t normally pay full price and are required to report their findings during the testing period.

1 Like

All the posts that I’ve had the pleasure to read have indicated one very clear fact… Wyze management is NOT ready for Prime time. Great products, iffy firmware / software, some very dedicated employees (which will migrate to other companies) if Wyze mgmt doesn’t get their [Mod Edit] together.

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.